Reload this Page >

help with pagesjaunes.fr

Search

help with pagesjaunes.fr

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Laurie

help with pagesjaunes.fr

Several months ago I found this awesome website where you could type in an address and bring up a map og that area and then click on restaurants and hotels in that area. When clicked on the icon on the map, it would tell you little about that establishment. I could click on the restaurant name and even bring up it's menu. But... now I can't remember how I found this option on the pagesjaunes.fr site. Can anyone help? Thanks! Laurie

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Daniel

Type in Hotels as Business type and Nice as City. Click on search. They found 673 answers. Click search again to confirm that you want all the answers.<BR>For photo and map, select city under "Photos of cities".

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Laurie

Thanks Daniel! I can bring up a map of the area that shows where the Metro, train stations and parking are located. However,it is still not showing icons for restaurants. Your suggestion did help,though. Thank you.Laurie

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Christina

I'm not real sure I understand what you are looking for as I don't think I've seen menus, but I think you may be talking about the maps you can link to for a specific listing. This map feature just uses www.ismap.fr, I believe, so you can just go to that website directly and type in an address and get the same map. It has icons on it and you can click on them for more info. Some are more documented than others -- you have to play with the distance (zooming in or out) to get the most icons. I think some businesses just provide more info to ismap than others, and perhaps you stumbled across one restaurant that had a lot of info -- also sometimes they will direct you to a web site for a place. I might be wrong on this, just thought that might be the map you are looking for.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Donna

Try this:<BR><BR>http://paris.planresto.fr/1/file/planresto.html

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Laurie

Christina, You may be right! I think I was looking at ismap.fr. It is an interesting sight too, so I am glad I found it again. On the pagesjaunes site, if you click on paris.plan.resto.fr,it will take you to a map of Paris districts and will then map a list of restaurants in that area. It gives a little bit of information about the restaurant and sometimes a photo too. Very cool site!<BR> I am very glad that you responded because I would like to ask your opinion of the Marais district.We haven't ruled out a apartment over on Edgar Quinet that you helped me find, but I don't know if I am comfortable with aparisianhome.com's security deposit policy. So, I have been looking at some apartments at rentparis. There were 2 apartments in the 3rd district that were interesting.Do you think this would be a good area for a family with 2 teens to stay? We want to be close to restaurants,grocery stores and attractions. Thanks for your help. Laurie

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Christina

ok, I'll have to try that restaurant thing on pagesjaunes, I never noticed it. <BR><BR>I haven't ever stayed in the Marais, and have only spent time in it sightseeing here and there, so I'm not entirely sure. Basically, I think it will be fine, of course, it's a popular area. I don't think of the 3rd as the Marais that much, though, maybe down towards the bottom near the Archives right on the border. That area is okay from my experience, I've been up around rue Reaumur and the Arts et Metiers area -- it seems little more business-y and less residential than bd Edgar Quinet, but maybe not on the side streets (after all bd Montparnasse is a very businessy street also). <BR><BR>There is a big Monoprix general discount store with supermarket not too far, at 164 rue Temple, that's about 4 blocks, I guess. It's not quite as convenient as the Inno I know near the bd Edgar Quinet, but isn't bad. there will probably be smaller corner markets closer. That's not far from the Archives which is a nice area. If you like the apartment and price, I think it should be fine. I can understand your not liking that other deposit policy, as I recall, it did sound a big much.<BR><BR>The park off rue de Bretagne near rue du Temple is a nice one, lots of locals around there, very normal. There's a good fromagerie up that way as I recall, I think it's at 39 rue Bretagne.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Christina

I just looked at that paris.plan.resto thing or whatever -- I had never noticed it before. If you find something interesting, that's good, but I just want to warn you that it is very limited in its listings, so don't think that is all the restaurants there are in an area. I looked up an arrondisement I know very well (14th) and it had only a very few of the possibilities.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:30 AM
frenchfoody

For over 3.000 restaurants in Paris, go to<BR>http://www2.tables-de-paris.com/<BR><BR>click on "Recherche" (top left) and fill in type of food, areas, price, etc. you're looking for. Quite good, also providing the detailled maps for exact location.<BR>But then, it's only in French.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Laurie

Thank you for your replies, everyone. Christina, I really appreciate your help with areas in Paris. You seem very knowledgeable about the specifics of each area. Thanks again for your help. Laurie