Search

Help with itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2023, 10:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with itinerary

Hello,
Is a week enough to travel from Poland to Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Split and Zagreb and ? we head to Portugal after. Please advise. Am trying to fit
in as much as possible before Portugal.
Thank you,
Tara
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may be possible but you would spend the whole time travelling and not have time to see anything. Plot the places you mention out on a map, look at the distances between them all. Would you drive, fly, public transport? You need at least two nights somewhere to have one full day. Think about which places you would most like to see and concentrate on that.
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 11:12 AM

My immediate thought: this is too much for such little time.

What time of year? Have you looked at flights to Portugal from any of these destinations? Time of year and availability of flights likely will be a deciding factor. Have you also figured in how long it will take to get from Poland fo any of these destinations (Ljubljana and Zagreb, for instance)?

To echo what KayF said above, decide what you want to see in each destination to determine how long you actually need. Plot out transit times to each spot, how long it takes, etc. Two nights in a place nets you one full day of sightseeing, three nights = two full days, etc.

While Ljubljana and Zagreb are fairly close to each other and can be done in the time you have, maybe even with a day trip somewhere; Split and Dubrovnik are much farther from your starting point in this region and you need to also decide what ultimately makes sense for your overall trip, too.

Last edited by Travel_Nerd; Aug 13th, 2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for helping me decide. We thought as much. Too much zig zagging and spending time on trains.
We are deciding on two weeks of Poland and head to Portugal. It just is too much traveling to add Slovenia and Slovakia.

Regards,

Tara
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Kay for helping me deicide. Agree, it just is too much to do. We will skip Slovenia and head to Portugal after Poland.

Regards,

Tara
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 12:57 AM

Hello! I don't understand you. Are you going to Portugal by plane? From where? If you are going by plane from Poland, and it's simply that you consider two weeks too long to get to know an entire country, you can visit other cities near the border, for exemple, Dresden, Berlin and Rostock (GE); Liberec and Ostrava (CZ) and Kaunas (LIT). I went to Kaliningrad from Poland but unless you are very interested, I do not recommend it: regardless of the fact that I'm not sure if that border is currently open, you need a visa (which I imagine they do not provide now), permission to cross with the car, a thorough inspection of the vehicle, an invitation letter from a hotel, etc. And unfortunately there are very few remains of the beautiful Koenigsberg. Even so, the area of Zelenogradsk and the natural park of dunes is very beautiful.
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tarini
Thank you for helping me decide. We thought as much. Too much zig zagging and spending time on trains.
We are deciding on two weeks of Poland and head to Portugal. It just is too much traveling to add Slovenia and Slovakia.

Regards,

Tara
I'm confused. Where has Slovakia come in? You did not ask about Slovakia, but about cities in Croatia and Slovenia.

Now, from Poland, a few days in Slovakia WOULD make sense because of where it is in proximity of Poland. Of course would depend on where you are you are planning on going to in Poland and traveling to in Slovakia, train schedules and availability to get to Portugal from there, too.

May I ask exactly what your full itinerary is? How long Poland? How long Portugal? Where is home?