Reload this Page >

Help with info on Rome opera schedule

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 01:06 PM
Howard

I've been trying for months to find out the November schedule for the Teatro dell'Opera in Rome with no success. I've tried the following: <BR>operabase.com <BR>artplanetinternational.com/ti_2.htm <BR>and have written to: [email protected] <BR>No one seems to have the 1999-2000 schedule. I have heard that Italian opera companies are known for their lack of organization, but this is ridiculous! <BR>Can anyone help...or will I have to wait until I get to Rome and seek the hotel concierge's help?

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 01:21 PM
Beth

check out www.romeguide.it, I think they might have the info you seek.

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 05:46 PM
RICHARD J VICEK

Good evening, Howard <BR>Here are the urls for the main houses <BR>in IT... <BR>www.comune.roma.it/culture/musica/opera/ <BR>opera.html.. TEATRO DELLA ROMA <BR>www.teatromassimo.it/ PALERMO <BR>www.tin.it/fenice VENICE <BR>www.meta.it/maggiofiorentino/team.html/ <BR> FIRENZE <BR>www.lascale.milano.it/ LA SCALA <BR>Also there is a magazine entitled <BR>Opera News published by the Met that <BR>lists performances including those <BR>in Europe. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL... <BR>Also might mention that when we first <BR>were in Rome and wanted to attend an <BR>opera, the concierge said "getting <BR>tickets was improssible" We took <BR>a walk to the boxoffice (check hours) <BR>and got two tickets in the second <BR>row for "Fausdta", however the best <BR>was "Madame Butterfly" at the Fenice..Richard of Hickory Hills, IL.." <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 06:22 PM
howard

Thanks Beth and Richard. But, unfortunately, your suggestions also hit dead ends! <BR>Beth: romeguide.it had no info on operas, and every email address I tried to write to didn't go through. <BR>Richard: I couldn't get through on the commune.it site. However, I am encouraged by your experience in Rome and may just follow suit when we go next month. Thanks. <BR>Thanks to you both anyway!

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 06:13 AM
Beth

Hi Howard, <BR>I clicked "theater" on the romeguide site, and the theater information did include opera. It was in Italian, but mostly readable. The theater page has a list on the left which includes Teatro dell'Opera, but it seems the Opera is "chiuso per restauro" (closed for restoration), there were operas listed in different theaters for the duration.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 08:32 AM
howard

Beth: Thank you so much! Obviously, your Italian is much better than mine. I'll try it again!