Help with Hotels in VENICE!

Mar 10th, 1999, 05:07 PM
Richard

Help with Hotels in VENICE!

I am visiting Venice in early May and need a nice inexpensive hotel around $150 a night or less.

I am looking for a atmospheric hotel with decent size rooms, a good bathroom and a convenient location in a good centrally located neighborhood. Of course it wouldnt hurt if it was clean! Is that too much to ask?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Mar 10th, 1999, 05:33 PM
Wendy

We stayed at the Hotel Galleria in Venice last May...It definitely meets your criteria. The hotel is located right at the end of the Accadamia bridge-very convenient location. The rooms were definitely clean, etc..small but clean. our room looked out at the Grand Canal-very pretty...Have fun!

Mar 10th, 1999, 05:35 PM
Wendy

We stayed at the Hotel Galleria in Venice last May...It definitely meets your criteria. The hotel is located right at the end of the Accadamia bridge-very convenient location. The rooms were definitely clean, etc..small but clean. our room looked out at the Grand Canal-very pretty...Have fun!

Mar 11th, 1999, 05:57 AM
anne

Another option is the lovely Casa Verardo, in the castello district, close to the sights. Doubles under $100 when we were there in '97 - and that was for a huge, beautifully decorated room overlooking a canal, and included breakfast in the beautiful former ballroom of this little palazzo. it's family run, charming - we'd stay there again in a minute!
Phone: 011-39-41-528-6138

Mar 11th, 1999, 11:20 AM
D. Spiegel

Try Pensione Accademia. Was about $150 in September 1997. Close enough to things, but still in a residental area -- quiet, very clean, hairdryers in the rooms, bath sheets, great breakfast. Patio in the front, garden in the back, on a canal. What could be better! Be sure to request a large room, as some can be small.

Mar 11th, 1999, 05:27 PM
Monica

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Galleria in May 1998 and LOVED it! It was a small, but clean and simple hotel. Our room had the view of the Grand canal next to the Accademia bridge. How lovely to look out our window on such a famous water way. We paid about $87 per night which included a private bathroom. It was next to a vaporetto stop and the acdedemica bridge (15 minutes from San Marco). The restaurants in the area were less expensive than the San Marco (search for my "LONG letter in Italy").

You will LOVE Venice!

Ciao! Monica

Mar 12th, 1999, 04:12 PM
Richard

i cant find any info about the galleria hotel anywhere!