Reload this Page >

Help with Final London Hotel Decision

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Alex

I have narrowed to a couple of hotel choices for a trip in March 2002. Convenience to the district line and charm in hotel are two of our major concerns. Comments on these two choices would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Tophams Belgravia<BR>Rubens

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Sean

Can anybody help?

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 08:41 PM
Ghost

ttt

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 10:11 AM
bettyk

Did a search for Rubens and came up with the following comments:<BR><BR>Message: Rubens Hotel <BR>I wrote in on the Rubens recently but can't find it on the forum search!? What's wrong? <BR>Anyway, it's right across from Buck House[Buckingham Palace], close for the Changing of the Guards [to which I'm addicted]. It's bustling, with doorman, concierge, 2 slow elevators, nice "bar" area with food, plus a large lobby where you can order the same snacks or a tea and watch the passing parade of people on B.Palace Rd. Rooms and bathrooms are well kept. It's near Victoria train and bus stations for the tube or trips out of town. I've recommended it so much that they should give us a discount next trip!<BR><BR>Message: Stayed at the Rubens twice, and we liked it a great deal. Location, location, location--near Victoria Station as jumping off place for trains or tube--and buses, if that's your mode. Walkable to many things . . . Westminister Abbey, Big Ben and Parliament, the National Gallery and Portrait Gallery--and of course the Queen is nearby should the occasion arise. <BR><BR>THe rooms are good, with tv, tea service, cleanliness, and good-sized bathrooms. We liked staying there a lot. Some street noise, depending on your room's location, but earplugs and fatigue usually got me through the night. <BR><BR>I'm sure you can also find some info on the Tophams Belgravia if you do a search on that hotel also.<BR> <BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Grasshopper

I've stayed at the Rubens. Great location. Very helpful staff. I enjoyed some nice very casual dinners (great BLTs) in the lounge where there was a jazz (?) singer. Rooms were fairly typical for London; compact.