Help with Berlin Hotels

Old Feb 11th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Berlin Hotels

Any advice where to stay in Berlin ?
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Lots of advice in the archives. See the search box at the top of the page? Type in <Berlin hotels> (without the arrow thingies), highlight Germany in the topics box, and press find. Look on the left-hand side of your screen for many past messages on hotels in Berlin.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:06 AM

We took our luck with Priceline in Berlin a couple years ago and got a great rate on the Westin Grand. Wow, what luck! We loved the hotel -- nice room, great service, and perfect location for visitors. Sorry I can't offer any more help than this, but enjoy Berlin! It's such a fascinating city.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 11:41 PM
hsv

leylander,

there are in fact a number of options, so it might help to indicate some sort of budget!

My favorite place is the Grand Hyatt on Potsdamer Platz. Sleek, yet not cold modern design combined with gracious service, fabulous bathrooms and a gorgeous roof-top pool, fitness club and spa with views over Berlin.
It isn't cheap, though.

For a bit less, the new Marriott on Potsdamer Platz is a nice option, too. Their pool in the basement is a bit small, but they have a pleasantly calm atrium lobby. Service is friendly but not as professional (maybe yet as they haven't been in operation that long) as at the Hyatt. This one also comes up pretty frequently on Priceline at bargain prices.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 11:21 AM

If you did check the archives, you may have read that we stayed at the Marriott in October 2004 for 55 USD/night/double through Priceline. Go to biddingfortrave.com if you're not familiar with the PL bidding process. Loved the Marriott. We usually stay in European hotels when we're in Europe, but I was ready to cancel the rest of our trip and hole up at the Marriott. No, I don't work for Marriott!
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Oops! That's biddingfortravel.com