Help with Amalfi coast hotels.

Sep 12th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Dorothy

Help with Amalfi coast hotels.

We would like to stay on the Amalfi Coast for 3 days and have narrowed it down to either Palazzo Murat in Positano ot Grand Hotel Tritone outside of Praiano. Does anyone have any comments on either hotel to help us decide?? Thanks for the help.

Sep 12th, 2001, 08:40 PM
az

Dorothy:
Have posted extensively on this forum (last update Aug. 27, 9:20) re. our wonderful experience at Hotel Tritone last May/June. Many hotels on the A. Coast have spectacular views, but in our opinion Tritone has the most sweeping ones(we visited several other hotels for comparisons). If you are unable to find my post, let me know and I'll try to copy and paste from some of my files for you.

Sep 12th, 2001, 08:50 PM
az

Correction for Dorothy: last update was Aug. 7, not 27--sorry.

Sep 13th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Dayle

Hi Dorothy, I personally know of 2 in Praiano. We stayed at the Fiori a small hotel owned by family friends. The hotel is very difficult to find on the internet or anywhere else. The views are great, but it is on the mountain side of the road. Directly across, is the Tramonte o'Oro. Very, very nice luxury hotel. We loved Praiano, restaurants were incredible and town charming. We were there off season visiting relatives & didn't get the chance to visit Positano.

Sep 14th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Lou

We stayed at the Grand Tritone in July of '99. The views were breathtaking, and our room was large and very comfortable. Public areas were very pleasant. Breakfast was good-- occasionally they served miniature sfogliatelli. We had both lunch and dinner there twice-- the food was very tasty, the service friendly. We did not have a car, so we needed to take a cab to get over to restaurants in Praiano or in Positano-- a minor annoyance, I would have a car with us next time, and brave the coast! The hotel had a nice pool, and a beach more suited for sunning than swimming. I cannot provide any comparison with the Palazzo Murat, unfortunately. Good luck-- Lou

Sep 14th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Sue

Hi Dorothy,

We stayed at the Tramonto d'Oro in Priano, this past summer. It was wonderful. Everyone was so kind, the views spectacular, a roof top pool and wonderful little places to eat in town, or you can eat at the hotel. The SITA bus is right out front. Have fun.