Search

Help us choose an apartment in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help us choose an apartment in Barcelona

Hello:
My husband, 2 sons, and I will be staying in Barcelona for 4 nights in July. We have identified 4 possible apartments to stay in and are looking for input about the pro's and con's of each apartment and more specifically the locations. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

http://www.apartmentbarcelona.com/en...1~babies~0/eur

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p381963

http://www.apartmentbarcelona.com/en...0~babies~0/usd

http://www.vrbo.com/358324
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:48 AM

Although I haven't been there yet, I'm going in three weeks, I did a ton of research on apartments...here's my two cents!

I've heard that the Born is a nice area, lots of restaurants and cafes, so I would probably pick the first one for this.

Grazia is a nice area also with lots of rests and cafes, but it is farther away from the main sites so you will need to metro or cab to see the sites, is that is your intention..love the pool for the kids since I think it will be hot in July. I think its a safe, family oriented neighborhood.

Poblenou is also a bit removed from the main sites but I think it is a very nice area where many locals live. I think every area in Barcelona has good rests and cafes.

You've picked very nice looking apts!
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 06:49 AM

PP has it right about locations.
Born is the best of the lot
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 07:40 AM

That first apartment is about 800 sq ft.

The second one is 1375 sq ft - that's very large for Barcelona rentals. The location is nowhere near as good as the first or fourth.

The third is about 1/3 mile outside of where you'd want to be if you were going to stay in Eixample, which is a good area itself. But that apartment is outside the box formed by Verdaguer, Diagonal, Passeig de Gracia, and Tetuan Metro stations and that box is the sweet spot for an Eixample apartment because it's close to the Passeig de Gracia, the Barri Gotic, Placa Catalunya, etc.

If you get square footage for the fourth one and it's higher than the square footage for the first, then the 4th > 1st because they are very close to each other.
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 02:21 AM

None are ideal #1 small but best location looks photo shopped
way cheaper booking.com family rooms even suites Meriden Barceloneta or Eurostars Marina many others.
barcelona30.com for decent apts always pay with CC NEVER wire money.One lady lost over $10K with VRBO not long ago.
insuremytrip.com wise
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 02:26 AM

Excellent, 8.8 Score from 52 reviews
Bas Apartments
Ciutat Vella, Barcelona • Show map
Bas Apartments are centrally located, 500 ft from Barcelona Cathedral and a 4 minute walk from Plaza Catalunya. They offer free Wi-Fi and a rooftop pool with terrace and Cathedral views. There are 5 people looking at this hotel.
Under 170 euro per nt booking.com