We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)