Reload this Page >

help ! suggestions for 3 days in milano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 1997, 04:28 PM
Mor Abraham

I have to spent three days in milano in december.
I will be most grateful to any suggestion for good places to dinner, night clubs or pubs with jazz or classical music and any other interesting place or event in this big and and borring city.
I do understend italian

grazie

Old Nov 7th, 1997, 06:53 PM
Steve

My sympathies! Sounds like all you have are the nights available - otherwise I'd recommend day trips out of Milan.

Old Nov 8th, 1997, 09:11 PM
Reva

I'm interested in your ideas for day trips around Milan. I hope to see Switzerland and over to Venice around that time too. All answers welcome.

Old Nov 10th, 1997, 06:12 PM
debbie

I just spent three days in Milan expecting to be disappointed, but thought it was great. The Duomo is fabulous with the rooftop absolutely not to be missed. The shopping (and watching the shoppers) around Montenapoleone is excellent and La Scala was beautiful. We took a day trip to Cremona home of the greatest violin makers in history. The Sala Violini in the City Hall is a charming museum devoted to these masters and has about 8 of the great instruments. The town itself is quite charming and has a lovely piazza. I wouldn't hesitate to use Milan as my point of entry just to have some more time to soak up the couture (and perhaps acquire some)!

Old Nov 11th, 1997, 08:26 PM
Dave

One of my favorite restaurants in the world is in Milan--Bice. It is right in the downtown area, not far from the Duomo. Great food!

If you can break away, take a train to Lake Como. It is a wonderful place to visit and take time to take the boats to the little towns on the lake.

Old Nov 12th, 1997, 02:49 PM
Sam Bavaro

Going to milan for 3 days in Nov, would love to know what to do in day time and pm . Thanks

Old Nov 12th, 1997, 03:03 PM
Tom

For a day trip out of Milan, I'd vote for Verona (ancient, Roman city with specatacular ruins, churches, museums, etc.) which via a 90 min. train ride can be toured in about 6-8 hrs. or so, I believe. After touring, you'll easily be back in time for Milano dinner/night life!