Help- Rome hotel- Albergo Smeraldo?

Oct 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Help- Rome hotel- Albergo Smeraldo?

This hotel was recommended to me, but I was not able to find anything recent on the forum. We are looking for a moderate hotel in a good location to walk to sites with a friendly helpful English speaking staff. We are not looking for luxury but neat and clean. Do you know anything about this hotel? Thanks.
Oct 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Haven't stayed there, but you can check out other traveler reviews at:

http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/H...ome_Lazio.html
Good luck.
Oct 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - that link did help. I had checked on Tripadvisor before and was not able to find so many reviews. It is hard to imagine how some people could like it so much and others just the opposite. Ex: some said staff was wonderful and others said so rude - and the times were the same!
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Glad it helped. My husband & I are going to Italy for the first time next month -- from Chicago to Rome, then train to Florence, with a 1-nt. stay in Montepulciano on the way. I spent countless hrs. deciding on hotels by reading various travel guides and searching Venere & TripAdvisor, and found you often have to search under various versions of hotel names. I agree that sometimes the reviews confuse you more when they're so diverse. Good luck.
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

My sisters and I are planning our trip early next June. We are flying from Chicago to Rome, train to Florence, train to Cinque Terra and then Venice. Enjoy your trip!

Search this Thread