Reload this Page >

HELP!! REGENT PALACE LONDON

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 08:54 AM
Going soon

Going soon. Anyone stayed at the Regent Palace Hotel London, especially in one of the <BR>"refurbished" rooms w/bathroom? Is the place safe, noisy, convenient? Is it a walk to heart of SOHO/Theaters etc? <BR> <BR>The only post re: this hotel are old. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help!!

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 10:29 AM
Gregory

Going Soon, <BR> <BR>I do not know about the quality of the rooms (I think most of them do not have their own bathrooms but shared ones down in the hall ) but from your post they seem to be updating them. <BR>The hotel is fairly large ( around 900 rooms i think) and is just off Picadilly Circus in the centre of London and a few stops from the Picadilly Circus Tube. Leicester square/SOHO and many theatres are around a 5-10minute walk depending on how fast you walk. Regent Street is close by and Oxford street is around a 10 minute walk. Covent garden is around 15mins. The area is busy and safe with a lot of police around .There may be sighns warning of pickpockets like in most big cities so keep an eye on your belongings. Being off the square it should be less noisy as on Picadilly and Leicster square are very busy in the evenings and weekends. Using the undergroud you can get all over London very quickly. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 11:57 AM
Going Soon

Thanks Gregory. See you in London!

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Sue

Well, I don't have up-to-date info, since I last stayed in 1981! <BR> <BR>At that time it was very basic, but I found the location fantastic. It still bills itself as a basic hotel (like a 2 star in Paris) and intimacy, you won't get. But, I'd stay there again.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Cara

I stayed there in 1999 (not real recent) because of the great location but NEVER again! It was within walking distance or a short tube ride to almost anywhere and as we were London first timers thought it would be perfect. There is NO airconditioning and no fan system period. The hotel seemed a little rundown and smelled musty in our room so we decided to open the window, but the noise was unbearable. We too (me 27 and mother 50 traveling together) had a remodeled room with a bathroom. It was SO small you couldn't even turn around! I know the size of London hotels is generally smaller but htis was ridiculous. This was definitely a budget level hotel. I don't have to have the Savoy or Brown's , but I at least like a nice moderate level. I have been back since at stayed one of the Radisson Edwardian chain hotels and had very good luck. The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth and Montblatten are especially well-located as well.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Duncan

Agree with last message. <BR> <BR>Avoid this hotel - Raddisons are much better , or the Jury's at Russell Sq.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:23 PM
mimi taylor

topping for Fredrik