Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help planning last vacation before new job

Sep 24th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Leaving NYC over Thanksgiving week. Last hurrah before buckling down to new job. Leaning toward Europe, perhaps Portugal. Not sure what the weather will be like mid-November.

Does anyone have any thoughts of a not too strenuous itinerary itinerary for about a week to 9 days (not including overseas travel time)?
Sep 24th, 2004, 06:11 AM

it's not going to be warm anywhere in Europe end Nov/start Dec. But as you are on the east coast of the good óle you know where, you have a problem, as pretty much anywhere else I could think of would involve flying via a European hub.

Still - how about Morocco? Or take an extra week and go to the Gambia, or Kenya?

Or in a week - Argentina? Same lateral hemisphere - lots to see. Or one of the W Indian islands?
Sep 24th, 2004, 06:20 AM

bugswife did you see my post under your two other theads about Quito Ecuador. Somone from Bolivia suggested this to me as one of the best cities to visit in Latin America.
Sep 24th, 2004, 06:45 AM

We were in Portugal in early Nov. a few years ago and the north was rainy and chilly; the south was mixed. The records say high temps in the 60s F in Lisbon and the Algarve, also November is the rainiest month too. I can vouch for the rain; don't remember the sun/cloud mix too well though.

What about a higher-end cruise someplace, like ex-Barcelona calling in Morocco etc? Water-view hotel room , one unpack, and a spa if the weather's poopy.
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:05 AM

2 Days istanbul, 3 days magical Cappadocia with Hot air Ballooning and hike at Red Valley, 3 days Gulet Cruise and 2 days at a secluded beach area. Interested ? TURKEY

Fun, culture, mild weather, nice hotels and most important very nice hospitable good hearted people, good shopping venue, relatively cheap or better value, delicious food, nature, chyristal clear sea, more culture and history.......

Should you need more to know here I am to assist.

Have fun.

Murat