HELP!!! Paris hotel

Nov 20th, 2001, 07:33 AM
stephen

HELP!!! Paris hotel

Anybody have a cheap place to stay in paris???? Is it hard to find a hotel in paris without a reservation??

Nov 20th, 2001, 07:38 AM
Greg

Steve,

Try Ely1212.com. It's got a pretty good list of budget hotels all over Paris and you can book on-line if you find something you like. Have a good trip.

Greg

Nov 20th, 2001, 08:01 AM
elaine

stephen
the answer is, it depends. Many of the most popular budget places fill up many months in advance. With Americans doing less traveling, it may be a bit easier, but Americans are not the only ones who use those hotels.
Have you narrowed down where you want to stay, or what you want to spend?
I suggest that for a start you consult a good basic guidebook for Paris
(Fodors, or Rick Steves, or Frommers) for basic orientation.
YOu can do a search on this message board for Paris hotel and find many suggestions at the budget level, and many of them have charm as well.
Look for hotels like the Familia, the Muguet, Grandes Ecoles,Champs de Mars, College de France, Palais Bourbon,etc, all of which have been recommended on this board.

Nov 20th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Surlok

I would add some more cheap and good hotels to Elaine's list:

Grand Hotel Jeanne D' Arc, in the Marais
Hotel du Globe, in Saint Germain
Hotel Saint Andre des Arts, also in Sant Germain

I wouldn't risk to not make a reservation. You might end up with the least desirable hotel and location....

Regards,

S

Nov 20th, 2001, 08:50 AM
elvira

You can always find a room in Paris: it might be far more expensive than you planned; it might be a really bad hotel; it might be in a location far from the center...or it might be all three. The two times I arrived in Paris with no reservations were a disaster; the first time, I ended up in a nasty hotel on the edge of the 13eme; the second time, I spent 4 hours tracking down a room, and spent 3x more than I'd planned.

The tourist information offices in the train stations, airports and in town can find you a room on the spot, if you have no druthers.

Try the Delhy Hotel:
http://www.franceway.com/hotels/delhys/

Nov 20th, 2001, 08:52 AM
linda

In September I stayed at the Champ de Mars in the 7th - 440FF per night, charming hotel, small rooms, around the corner from the Rue Cler (street market) - many people were turned away with no reservation - good luck.

Nov 21st, 2001, 07:45 AM
Alice

We stayed at the Hotel de Turenne on avenue de Tourville, between the Metro stop Ecole Militaire and Napoleon's tomb last April. A twin/double was around $75 and a nice continental breakfast was another $5 or so. It is very convenient to the Metro, near the Eiffel, nice area for strolling, fairly quiet. Hotel was small but clean, staff was pleasant, esp. the Portuguese fellow manning the front desk. Small grocer, ATM, laundromat within 1 block. I faxed the hotel directly to make the reservation. Let me get the number...

Nov 21st, 2001, 07:49 AM
Alice

You can view photos and get the numbers from this site...
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...enneengl2.html