Reload this Page >

HELP on northern France

Search

HELP on northern France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Jane

HELP on northern France

Can anyone give me some advice on places to visit north/northeast of Paris. I have a car and can't find much info on towns to visit or hotels to stay in.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Ross

Lille, near the Belgian border is an interesting small city. <BR> <BR>Ross.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Kavey

My french exchange at school was with towns in L'Oise area of France, north of Paris. <BR> <BR>I have since returned to visit my family on numerous occasions over the years and it is a beautiful area. <BR> <BR>I particularly recommend Compeigne as a town with lovely atmosphere, shopping and a cathedral... <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Kav

My french exchange at school was with towns in L'Oise area of France, north of Paris. <BR> <BR>I have since returned to visit my family on numerous occasions over the years and it is a beautiful area. <BR> <BR>I particularly recommend Compiegne as a town with lovely atmosphere, shopping and a cathedral... <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 01:35 PM
JOdy

Flanders is a beautiful area,with no end of places to go, Arras, the WW1 battlefields, Ypres( really in Belgium but on the border) compiegne, Cambrai, Douai, The American monument at bellicourt, The canadien at Vimy. Do a seach on Google for Flanders, Picardy or Artois. <BR>The coastline is beautiful, try Boulogne or Dunkerque <BR>This is one of my favorite but I think less visited areas. The people are charming and there are loads of good inexpensive to luxery places to stay.