Reload this Page >

Help on itinerary

Search

Help on itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
Mick

Help on itinerary

We arrive in Barcelona on March 22nd. We fly out in the morning from Barcelona on March 29th.<BR><BR>My wife thinks that we should stay in Barcelona, with a day\2 day trip to Montserrat and the Salvadore Dali museum. I think that we should spend 2 days in Bilbao (guggenheim museum) and San Sebastian (which would allow us to take the train at night in a sleeper car, saving on hotel; and my wife goes to bed at 11pm anyway, so why not see different parts of Spain).<BR><BR>Please give us your thoughts on whats the better alternative<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:41 AM
xxx

Let's see. You and your wife have obviously done significant research and already know something about the places you'd like to visit. So you're posting here, not to get advice on these places, but rather to get us to take sides. If you and your wife who know each other can't agree about what you want to do, how do you expect a bunch of total strangers to make up your minds for you?<BR>The only thing I can say is that both are good plans, except you'd have to drag me screaming to do an overnight on a train. I did one once and arrived in worse shape than from a cross Atlantic flight. It's not my idea of a way to travel. I know some others like the idea and you can save money if that's your priority, but personally I'd rather see the countryside I'm traveling through (unless I've done that route countless times before) and get my sleep in a comfortable hotel bed that isn't swaying all over the place and making squealing sounds beneath me.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:21 AM
r

I agree with XXX on the overnight train part. It sounds more romantic than it is. If you had more time then perhaps you might but I think that on this short trip you should stay in the vacinity of Barcelona. Exploring a bit of Catalonia would be more worthwhile than popping all over the place. ( Although, I am wondering about a day trip by Air to Bilbao, {there is an airport there} just for the Museum.)The coast around Barcelona is worth exploring and then there's Gerona(the area north of Barcelona) which is full of Spanish flavor and beauty. I'm one for staying in one place and soaking up the culture.<BR>Try to ignore the sarcasm of the pompous posters. Best of luck.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
r

Mick; One other point: In Arenys de Mar, about an hour north of Barcelona on the way to Figueras you can stop for lunch along the coast and have fresh fish cooked in Catalonia style. very delicious. Although I have never been to Cadaques (pronounced: KA-DA-Case) my friends who live in Spain say it is must. I believe it is the village where Picasso lived and painted and it is supposed to be beautiful.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:54 PM
topper

tttt to help Mick