Search

Help on hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:57 AM
Shelly

Help on hotels

Planning a two week trip in Sept to Italy, and need some help on hotels and best place to book (online or fax). Quick background...my husband and I want to see the sites, walk, hike, shop, eat....take advantage of all the activities. A travel agent recommended Hotel Turner and Borromini in Rome. Florence-Plaza Lucchesi or Monna Lisa (is Plaza Lucchesi worth the extra $)and Villa Flori in Lake Como. Any thoughts are appreciated.... I also want to stay Villa di Piazzano and/or Villa Vignamaggio in Tuscany, but am open to suggestions. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the websites etc, so I look forward to your comments.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:12 PM
kila

What type of budget do you have? Having just finished extensive research on Italy hotels (I'm going in October), I'd be happy to give you some suggestions.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 05:28 AM
Shelly

Kila, <BR>We hope to spend around US$150/night. <BR>Any feedback is helpful! <BR>-S

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:44 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I've got files on Rome and Florence including hotel suggestions; if you'd like to see them email me. <BR>Or do a Search here for Florence hotel, Rome hotel, etc. Also check the Rants and Raves section of this website. <BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:25 PM
Louisa

Hi Elaine, <BR> <BR>I am planning for a Rome/Florence/Venice trip for 3/2002 and would appreciate your file on Italy hotels. My budget is anything less than $200/night. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Louisa

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Ian

Hi Elaine. <BR>I am hoping you could make some suggestions as well. I will be travelling in September with my wife to Italy, and want to stay a few nights in Florence. Looking to spend maximum of $170 per night-we are not planning to spend much time in the hotel but want it obviously to be clean and quiet at night. <BR>Thank you very much for any suggestions. <BR>Ian

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 06:56 PM
Lori

Hi to All staying in Florence - <BR>Just got back a month ago and I would highly recommend you look into staying at Pensione Bencista (in Fiesole, 15 minutes outside of Florence on Bus #7). Do a search on this forum to see the reviews from others too. We paid 320000 (about $140.00) for a room with an unbelievable view. Now that I've been there I would never dream of staying in the city of Florence when Fiesole has several hotel options.