Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! Need St. Tropez hotel recommendation

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 09:09 PM
Lisa Karin

Went to St. Tropez last summer and absolutley fell in love with it. We stayed at La Ponche hotel. It was a very nice hotel but I would like to get some other recommendations. Nothing too pricey. Would like to stay around $200 a night. Thanks!!

Also, any nightclub recommendations would be great!!

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Lisa Karin

Anybody? Recommendations? Anybody?

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Lisa Karin

Still nothing? No St. Tropez lovers out there? This message keeps falling to the bottom.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Patrick

I'm not sure if you want a place in town or out at the beaches, but we stayed at the only place right on the harbour, Hotel Stube. We reserved early and got a very large room with a wonderful balcony perched right over the harbour. It was also quite reasonable, but it's been 3 years, so who knows, but I'm sure it is less than La Ponche. It was a nice 3 star with a nautical theme and a lively sort of bar on the first (our second) floor. All I have is a fax 4-94548908, but think the phone numbers may have changed since then?

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Patrick

Lisa, sorry, just reread my post. It was Hotel Sube. Found a website: www.nova.fr/sube/index_f.htm If you look at that you'll even see a view taken from "our" balcony facing the boats.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 09:17 PM
Lisa Karin

Patrick,
Thanks for the info. Isn't Hotel Sube on top of the Cafe de Paris? Was it noisy??

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Patrick

I'm tempted to say "isn't St. Tropez supposed to be noisy?" But actually the noise never bothered us. We were on the top floor and I supposed if we had tried to sleep with the doors open it would have been a problem, but we closed up at night and used air conditioning. It was pretty hot anyway and that's what we wanted. One funny incident: we loved the balcony and the activity so much one night we decided to get cheese, snacks, and wine and just do "dinner" on our balcony. We ran around town collecting great things, setting up on the balcony, and had just opened the wine at sunset, when BAM, on came the vaport lights illuminating the building. We felt like we were on stage, but we just went ahead and did our thing, and everyone ignored us.