Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help!!! Need Heathrow Left Luggage Assistance!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 04:20 AM
jmk

United Airlines has been of no help answering this question. We will be travelling through Heathrow on our way to Italy in a couple weeks. After a few weeks in Italy, we will be returning to London for overnight before taking the QE2 home. I would like to leave my "ship baggage" at Heathrow, instead of lugging it around Italy. I know there is left luggage at Heathrow. Questions: Is the left luggage in the "transit" area or will I have to go through customs, "outside" to leave the luggage and re-check in through immigrations to catch my flight to Italy? Does anyone know of alternatives? Can this be accomplished with two hours between flights? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:04 AM
SteveJames

Hello JMK, <BR> <BR>The Left Luggage office is on the "outside" by the main entrance. I think you'll have to go out through customs and then check-in again. Can't think of an alternative, - maybe someone else knows better ... <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Ila

check out the heathrow airport web site. you can probably also call/email them for any other options. <BR> <BR>http://www.baa.co.uk/main/airports/heathrow/ <BR> <BR>It is rather expensive to leave luggage there. Though the web site says 4 pounds, I think this is for 4 hrs.; it is higher for 24hrs. You might consider some other options. <BR>

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 12:55 AM
SteveJames

£4 per 24 hours is correct. <BR>(£3.50 for less than 6 hours). <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:23 AM
XXX

The left luggage is at the international arrivals area, as you come out you have to go straight it seems like a long walk. Just keep going straight almost left and it's against the wall. Just makesure you hold on to your ticket and have a good description of your bag. With so many pieces it's hard to keep track of the luggage, also check there opening and closing times. The last time I used it the service was not a 24hr deal.