Search

Help me with my trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me with my trip

Hey Ya'll

I am taking a two week trip with a couple friends to Europe this summer- June or July. We have 14 days and we want to see Paris, Rome and some of the coastal towns in between. We are planning on flying into Paris and leaving from Rome ( or if you think that there is something better)
What would you suggest? We would like to visit Southern France (Nice, Caanes, Monaco) and the Northwest coast of Italy (Cinca Terra). Thank you for you input.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
nbujic

is it 14 days including travel to Paris and from Rome? If so, that gives you 12 full days.
Paris 5 days
South of France 3
Rome 4 days
Getting to CT involves taking trains etc - not sure if you have time for all.

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
MaureenB

Last May we spent three nights in Nice and three nights in Santa Margherita Ligure. They were both great picks for beautiful towns that offer great day-trips.

From Nice we went to Antibes one day by train, and St. Jean Cap Ferrat by city bus another. From Santa Margherita Ligure, we went to Portofino by bus one day, and Cinque Terre by train another.

I've posted detailed trip reports on each of them, if you're interested.
>-

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:05 AM

Hello Amelia, I assume you live on the island, as we have for 12 years.

With that time I would plan 4 destinations. Start in Paris[4] and train to Nice[3], then to the Ligurian coast[3- SML Or Levanto]and end in Rome[4]. I would prefer June. That is a bit of travel time but still very doable. Good luck !
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
nbujic

P.S
it all depends on what you and your friens would rather do : spend a day on the beach in Nice or on buses and trains to reach Portofino or CT.

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks yall. I think that we are going to stay three days in Paris and then head down to Nice/Cannes for two days- is this enough time? and then head to Portifino on the way to Rome. Also are there any good day trips from Rome? Thank yall so much for your input.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:47 PM
mjs

If this is your first visit to Paris and Paris is your first stop 3 days is less than I would recommend.