Reload this Page >

Help me Out Please

Search

Help me Out Please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:22 PM
ron Janezic

Help me Out Please

Is it faith that is against me and my wife on our first trip to Italy. Everything is booked for a wonderful 21 day visit(starting 11/1) and now my airline Swissair is going belly up chapter 11. What do you make of it. Will they reinstate travel in a few days or do I cancel if I could(I charged it so I assume I could reverse)Should I try and rebook on a new airline. HELP ron

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:37 PM
Jane

Ron, <BR>The good news is that you charged, so you can dispute it. The bad news is that Swissair doesn't look like it will be in the air soon. There was a possible bail-out by 2 banks being bandied about today, but it looks pretty dicey. If you are holding tickets in your hand right now, it looks unlikely at this juncture that another airline will choose to honor them. Re-book yourself onto a different airline & best wishes. I wouldn't wish what happened to you on my worst enemy.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:47 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Ron <BR>A representative of Swiss Air spoke very clearly last night - said they had no money to help travellers who were stranded (they couldn't pay the landing fees yeaterday in London) and everyone would have to make their own way home. <BR> <BR>I agree with Jane - forget Swiss Air - book with another airline and enjoy your holiday. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:51 PM
PB

Ron, <BR> <BR>Definitely book with another airline....but NOT Sabena. Swissair owns a large chunk of Sabena and now the future of that airline is in doubt as well, not to mention that the Sabena pilots have been staging strikes off and on for the past few days. <BR> <BR>PB

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 01:19 AM
Janine

Times are certainly grim for travellers. In Australia, one of our two major airlines went out of business the same week as the terrorist attacks in the US. They have started back with some flights but not honouring bookings people had before they stopped flying. <BR> <BR>If you have paid for your tickets by credit card, you should be able to get a refund through your credit card company. If you have travel insurance, this should also cover.

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 05:20 AM
xxx

Swiss Air is back in the air.