HELP - MANAROLA or VERNAZZA

Apr 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

HELP - MANAROLA or VERNAZZA

I already have reservations for two apartments in Manarola, 2 nights on each, due to their availability.
http://www.dapaulin.it/apartments.html

Now I get another offer from an owner in Vernazza and I'm not sure if just stay in Vernazza for the 4 nights instead.
http://www.ownerdirect.com/vernazza/...-rentals/65690

As I've not been in either I'm not sure which will be more fun for us to be.

Advise please?
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Anybody?
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
kja

I stayed in Manarola and enjoyed it, but I was using it as a base to walk the trails and a place to have a few meals. I'm not sure I would want to change locations within the same village unless I had a really good reason. Enjoy!
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Agree with kja. You can easily walk from one to the other.
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

It seems the apartments in Manarola are in the same building, hopefully...
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Sorry I thought you wanted to stay 2 nights in each.

I prefer Verazza as it had more life to it and was at one end of the five villages.

Manarola is more touristy during the day (IMO) but it would also be quieter at night.

You really can't go wrong which ever you choose.

All villages are lovely
Apr 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM

Both are great but I enjoyed our stay in Vernazza. There seemed to be more to do, more of a night life and the tiny beach and rocks are great for swimming or sunning. Manarola's "beach" has no sand. Just my opinion - don't think you'd go wrong in either place.
Apr 27th, 2010, 02:32 PM

Actually, Monterosso is at the "end" - Riomaggiore is at the "beginning" of the five villages unless you are travelling the other direction
Apr 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM

Sorry, senorarroz you are correct. I was mixing Vernazza with Monterosso. Having said that you can't go wrong with either destination.
Apr 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM

No prob cambe - Monterosso definitely has the best beach - but is also the most resort-like. Vernazza's beach is nice and the harbor makes for great swimming. Great restaurants too. I've always thought it would be fun to spend the night in Corniglia - way up on the hill.
Apr 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Those apartments in Manarola look great,Pooky. I had my eye on another apartment but those ones look so much nicer. Thanks for posting the link. My dilemma is a bit like yours as I have also found a nice little apartment in Corniglia that has a washing machine which is tempting as we will have been on the road for 3 weeks prior to arriving in CT. http://www.vacanzeilgatto.com/en/Default.aspx

The trouble is all the villages look so stunning its hard to choose! Good luck with your search and let us know what you decide.
Apr 28th, 2010, 05:37 AM

As others have said, you can't go wrong with either place. Personally, I would go with the place where you don't have to move. Vernazza is lovely and has lots of places to eat at night. We spent a week there and enjoyed the relaxation of hiking and a couple of day trips by train.

Search this Thread