Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! Leaving next Monday for Salzburg, Halstatt, Bellaggio & Paris - what type of weather to pack for?

Search

HELP! Leaving next Monday for Salzburg, Halstatt, Bellaggio & Paris - what type of weather to pack for?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 01:41 PM
Kari

I know that weather is NEVER dependable, but I looking for some input about what temperatures (or, God forbid, precipitation) to expect in these areas. <BR> <BR>We'll be in Salzburg/Halstatt from Sept. 13-18, in Bellaggio from 18-22, and in Paris from Sept. 23-27th. <BR> <BR>I have experienced BEAUTIFUL weather in Europe in September and October, but I've always been further south. Any information would be much appreciated!

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 01:49 PM
elvira

We're going to be in France about that same time, and we're looking at a windbreaker-type jacket, a couple of sweaters, umbrella, gloves, warm sox. Tshirts and cotton turtlenecks for layering under the sweater/jacket as the weather gets chillier, or stripping down if the weather gets warmer (according to people who live in Paris, there's a warm spell right now). <BR>It will always rain in Paris if I'm there (God's little joke).

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 04:43 PM
Glenn

Kari, I can't say on temp, but be prepared for rain in the Salzburg area. If I remember correctly, it has rained almost ever time I have been in Salzburg. It just has one of those locations for this. Have a great time.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 04:20 AM
elaine

Kari <BR>here are weather websites <BR>www.worldclimate.com/ <BR>www.nytimes.com/ <BR>www.weather.com/weather/cities/ <BR>www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ <BR>http://www.weatherpost.com <BR>Washington Post. Includes historical weather data <BR>www.intellicast.com/weather <BR>www.usatoday.com/weather <BR>

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 08:15 AM
Nicole

Kari, <BR>We were in Bellagio, Italy, the first week of September in 1997, and it was very warm....I would say around 80 degrees in the daytime. We wore short sleeves the whole time. Even though Bellagio is in northern Italy and near the Alps, it is my understanding that it really has more of a tropical climate. I would bring some short sleeves for Bellagio if I were you -- you can always layer more on top if it is unusually cool when you visit there. It's a beautiful town by the way, and if you'd like to see our photos of Bellagio, please visit our personal travelogue at http://www.lunadesigns.com/travels/.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 11:56 AM
Laura

I just returned from a week in Paris and it was quite warm...low 80s and sunny during the day and low 70s at night. We got lucky, it didn't rain once.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 11:57 AM
Laura

I just returned from a week in Paris (first week of Sept.) and it was quite warm...low 80s and sunny during the day and low 70s at night. We got lucky, it didn't rain once.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Ken Horn

Kari- Short and long sleeved shirts, a lightweight ski jacket (not a parka) or lined windbreaker, a sportscoat, and a small umbrella. It shouldn't be cold enough for a sweater but you can always buy one if it is. If you are fortunate, you will have beautiful weather all 3 places. Rain usually consists of short showers this time of year. Enjoy your trip. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 12:26 PM
mariana

Kari.....this is not a response about the weather....just a comment that you have picked four GORGEOUS , wonderful places to visit. All are extraordinary! have fun. We will be in Bellagio, and Switzerland the end of October and first week of November, and I imagine it will be a LOT colder than <BR>now.

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 02:30 PM
Suzanne

I was in Salzburg last weekend and the weather was sunny and warm. I carried a sweater for night when it cooled down a little. People said the weather had been unusually nice. We went to Prague and Berlin also and both were exceptionally warm and sunny. I had come prepared with too many pairs of shoes and too many jackets (for cold and rain that I never experienced).I spoke with someone today in London who had just come from Denmark and said it was sunny and warm in both places, so apparently Europe is experiencing an unusually warm, sunny spell.