Reload this Page >

Help...layover in Paris!

Search

Help...layover in Paris!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Leslie

Help...layover in Paris!

I am going back to Italy the 1st weekend in March and we have about an 8 hour layover in Paris. The plan is to take the train and see some sites. Realistically how much time should we allow before we make our way back to the airport? I know at least 2 hours is what's normally advised. Our flight leaves at 8:40 PM and remember we are taking a train not a bus or cab.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 05:04 PM
Boots

<BR>I would allow 40 minutes by RER from Paris to CDG. If you have to make a change, that is if you are not getting on a direct RER line, allow another 10-15 minutes. And hope there is no strike. Enjoy Paris! Boots

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 08:30 PM
Leslie

Please I need some help I leave in 2 days.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 09:29 PM
adina

If you are landing in Orly you might want to head out of the city to visit Fountainbleu. If you are going into the city the ride to Gare d'Austerlitz is supposed to be pretty frequent and short-- less than half an hour.

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 10:52 AM
elvira

Leave Paris no later than 6:30 to make your flight (I'm paranoid so I'd leave by 6:00). <BR>The RER from CDG goes to Pont St Michel; if you get out there, you are in sight of Notre Dame, Ste Chapelle and the Seine (it's pretty much at your feet). You can change at that station to the RER C line and go to the Musee d'Orsay or les Invalides or the Eiffel Tower. If you change at Chatelet/Les Halles, you can go to the Louvre (change to a metro line). <BR> <BR>