Reload this Page >

Help!! Kensignton - I need to know.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Suzanne

Which part of Kensignton is lively and which part is quiet? Which part has the most eateries and shops?

Old May 11th, 2000, 10:20 PM
sheri

Hi Suzanne, I was just in the Kensington area last weekend, staying at the Posthouse, which is just off Kensington High Street. I wouldn't recommend the hotel (it was pretty awful, but I didn't have a choice in the matter!), but did enjoy walking around the neighborhood. Kensington High Street seemed to have lots going on, yet the streets just off it were much more quiet and residential, and I enjoyed being right near Kensington Gardens and Holland Park, since it was about 75 and sunny! The Earl's Court area, just to the southwest of where we were, was also pretty lively on a Friday evening...people spilling out onto the sidewalk and streets from the local pubs. I also walked from Sloane Square through S. Kensington back to the hotel and it seemed that the area around the High Street was liveliest, but it may just have been the route I took!

Old May 12th, 2000, 05:29 AM
Suzanne

Any input form those who live in London?

Old May 13th, 2000, 07:59 AM
Jay Colkner

kensington can be quite pleasant. I stayed there a few years ago.

Old May 14th, 2000, 12:10 AM
Mary

South Kensngton is quieter.