Reload this Page >

Help in Itlay....

Search

Help in Itlay....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 11:30 AM
KTL

Help in Itlay....

My husband are talking about taking a tour of Italy with Trafagla Tours and are they good and is Italy safe??? The more I read about it the more I don't think we will go. Please Help...

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Shayne

I don't know about Trafalgar Tours (we travlled in Italy independantly) but I can tell you that Italy is very safe. Watch for pickpockets in the prime tourist areas and you will be fine. The amount of violent crime in Italy is much, much lower than in the U.S.

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 07:16 PM
jake

I have two friends who took different Trafalgar Tours this past summer through Italy and France, and both loved them. I have traveled independently throughout Italy, and have no difficulty with crime.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 04:11 AM
the turnip

We traveled independantly and were very concerned about pick pockets etc and saw NONE of it. No groups of kids with signs, no nursing mom's with accopmlices, nothing. We were still cautious and wore our neck pouches but crime was a total non-factor. The worst that could happen in Italy is probably getting your pocket picked. Compare that to getting shot and killed in the USA for your Nikes... <BR> <BR>GO TO ITALY! Enjoy the wonderful wonderful food, incredible history and friendly people.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Don

We traveled a lot all over US, Hawaii, all thru the Carribean and Mexico. Then we got ready to go to Europe but were very intimidated and thought we should do a tour since we were so nervous about it. Fortunately, I had a friend who reassured me that we would have no problem! Italy was fabulous. If you miss it you are missing a real treat! We did see one gypsy kid take someone's wallet from her fanny pack in Florence but the police got her immediately. The people are friendly and most speak english everywhere!