Reload this Page >

help in finding a good travel agent

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Laurel

I just got out of the hospital for emergency surgery, otherwise I would make travel arrangments myself, however, right now, I need advise on travel agents which are knowlegable about Europe and are resonable. I have a 4 week trip planned for April and need to book flights within europe, eurrail info, car rentals and hotels. Thanks!!!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Rex

You might actually want a travel consultant, not necessarily a travel agent. Perhaps Bob the Navigator, or search the Internet Yellow Pages for travel CONSULTANT. Or I might even be able to help you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:00 AM
carol

I haven't used this person for about the last 2 years, but I found her very helpful with flights and trains. (I did NOT use her for hotels or itinerary, though.) I first contacted her becuase her agency was handling discount flights for a tour compoany I was thinking of taveling with 9but I ended up not). I found her so competent that I ended up calling her a year later for a trip that had nothing to do with that tour company (which was no longer using her services anyway).<BR><BR>No guarantees that this phone # is still good. Her name is Marlene: (800) 732-5661, x 232 She's in Seattle, but that shouldn't matter. It was convenient for me, since she was in a time zone 3 hours earlier than mine so I could still reach her after I got home from work!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:11 AM
elaine

I have used Karen at Jordan-Champagne Travel in Atlanta GA. She and her colleagues were excellent at finding good air fares with multiple segments.<BR>phone 404 262 3600. Most of our contacts ended up being via email (I don't live in Atlanta, I was referred to her) so little phone cost.<BR>I did my own hotel research including rates, but she booked them for me.<BR>If you have some ideas in mind about your itinerary, you might want to mention them here, some fellow travelers may have some good suggestions.<BR>You mention "reasonable"--are you implying a fee? I have never paid fees to travel agents.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:49 AM

For what Laurel is seeking, there will be some agents, and consultants who will charge a fee. And perhaps well they might. Not all of them are necessarily part of a system to get any commissions.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Tom

topping<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Dianne

Conde Naste had a list of best travel agencies by destination a few months ago. If you need the exact issue, let me know.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Lisa

Has anyone ever used Bob the Navigator as Rex suggests? Or Rex?<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:07 PM
aaa

Most travel agencies NOW charges fees as they are no longer being paid commissions from the airlines and when booking overseas, rarely get paid by the supplier---<BR>Fees are quite reasonable considering the time involved in helping you---<BR><BR>If you don't want to pay fees, you may have to do the work yourself--No one is working free anyone---I am sure you don't work for free either--So do not expect any travel agent to work for free.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Amy

&lt;&lt;So do not expect any travel agent to work for free.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Is this directed at Laurel? I don't see that she expected this to be done for free. She has a specific need. That was the point of her question.<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Kelsey

Is Conde Naste a publication? what issue would it be? Is it available online?<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:25 PM
xxx

a good travel agent? thats like finding a 'good airline!'

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:23 AM

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Laurel

Thank you all for your advise. I did contact Marlene in Seattle as Carol suggested. She is great! I don't mind paying a fee for services, if the services are good. Again thanks to all, I really need your help!