Search

Making a switch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making a switch

Mu husband and I booked a birthday trip to Paris last year for May 14th of this year, 2003 which was unchangeable. However due to the war the organization we booked with made the offer to make a change. I am not making it due to the war but due to life scheduling has gotten crazy. Post June 25th would be a more workable date. Weather advice and how busy do you think it will be if we leave July 1 or 2 instead of May 14th? Advice and best guesses appreciated. This is my first trip to Paris...
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:45 PM

Just make sure your hotel has A/C & buy the museum pass so you don't have to stand on lines.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Too bad about May. I love Paris in the Springtime (damn, they should make a song out of that). Anyway, it will probably be quite warm, so bring appropriate clothes. I went in late June once, and it was really muggy. Museum pass is a great idea. You can get it at any major metro stop. They are for 1, 3 or 5 days. They are well worth it, especially at places like the Louvre or Museé D'Orsay, where the lines can be horrendous. With the card, you go right in. Have fun.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 03:00 PM

Paris can be extremely warm in July, so make sure you do get a hotel with decent air conditioning. <BR>In terms of crowds, it can go either way. The first two weeks of July tend to be busier than the last two, which is when many stores close, and lots of Parisians take off for an early start to their annual August hiatus.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful time!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:37 PM

Nancy,<BR><BR>The weather will be so much nicer in mid May than it will the beginning of July. Paris in May is warm, but not hot, and dry. I’ve been there several times in May and thought the weather was perfect. Two years ago I was in Paris the last week in June. The first three days were very hot and muggy. Then it rained and cooled off and, surprisingly, became less humid.<BR><BR>Have you checked the difference in price from May to July? Airfares go up substantially after mid June and this may be reflected in the price you’ll pay in July.<BR><BR>I didn’t find Paris to be more crowded in late June than it is in May – they’ll be lots of tourists either time.<BR><BR>adrienne<BR><BR>
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 05:07 PM

Many of you have mentioned that Paris is hot and humid at the end of June and beginning of July. Should I expect the same during the beginning to middle of June, or is it still more spring-like at this time?<BR><BR>I switched my trip from mid April because I have read that it can be quite cool and rainy during mid April, not just in Paris but also in Normandy and Loire Valley which we are also visiting. I had originally selected April to avoid the heat so I am hoping that it won't be too hot during our new dates in June.<BR><BR>Also, how hot and humid is it in Provence and the Cote d'Azur during mid June?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 06:02 PM

We've experienced all kinds of weather on our visits to Paris. The last few summers have been hot and humid, but four summers before that, we froze. As for the Cote D'Azur, expect beginning of June temps in the low 80s, July temps into the 90s during the day.<BR><BR>Good luck, and have a great time!