Reload this Page >

Help : How are these hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 1999, 07:40 AM
Santosh Prabhu

On my visit to Europe this July, I plan to stay at the following hotels: <BR>Rome : Hotel Selene <BR>Venice : Hotel Palace <BR>Innsbruck : Hotel Alpin Park <BR>Lucerne : Hotel Kolping <BR>Paris : Hotel Forest Hill Meudon <BR>Amsterdam : Hotel Tulip Inn <BR>London : Hotel Royal Scot <BR> <BR>It would be very helpful if someone can let me know of their experiences of one or more of these hotels <BR> <BR>-Santosh

Old Jan 23rd, 1999, 08:57 AM
lynn

Santosh - <BR> <BR>I cannot presume to know you or your likes and dislikes, but, if you're going to Paris to be in the center of everything and have easy access to most of the sites, this is not the hotel for you. <BR> <BR>I went to their web site and read that the Forest Hill Meudon is in the western suburbs of Paris. It also said that this hotel was only 10 minutes from the Palace of Versailles. This means that it is not in central Paris. <BR> <BR>From my own experience and from other people I "talk" with or "read" on this forum, this is not where you want to be for a first time in Paris. Assuming this is your first time. <BR> <BR>Please consider finding something in the 5th or 6th district. These are in the heart of the city much closer to where you will be spending your time. <BR> <BR>You don't want to spend 2 or more hours per day on trains and metros! <BR> <BR>The web site is <BR> <BR>www.foresthill-hotels.com <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 05:04 AM
Merriem Wombacher

Just came back from Amsterdam. We stayed at the Ambassade....skip it, and read my post. We were inside the Tulip Inn waiting for a bus, and it was old and not very nice. Looked like it was the way it was in 1950.

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 06:53 AM
Joyce

While we did not stay at the Kolping in Lucerne, we had an absolutely wonderful lunch there at a very inexpensive price (for Lucerne). The dining room was filled with local businessmen and the hotel looked very nice. Certainly the dining room was. It was also near the Lion Monument and Old Town.

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 07:36 AM
Louis

If you are interested in seeing and enjoying Paris, scrap the Forest Hill Meudon if you can. Most all you want to see of Paris is in zone 1 and Meudon is in zone 3. As the crow flies, this is as far from the center of Paris as the Orly airport. What you might save in room costs will be eaten up by transportation. If a travel agent or tour company put you there, you should get another. If cost is of concern, look for hotels in the 7th arr. and you can match the promotional rates of the Forest Hill chain.