Reload this Page >

HELP! Hotels in Rome, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre and Tuscany region

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:53 PM
Martha

Hey everyone!<BR><BR>We're 3 students celebrating graduation and planning a last minute trip to Italy (amazing air deals on www.studentuniverse.com, btw). We get to Italy on the 7th Aug, returning on the 21st. Right now our itinerary has us in Rome through the 10th, overnight to Venice, Venice for 2 nights leaving the 13th. After that, we're thinking of going to Cinque Terre, then the Tuscany/Florence region. Siena is also on the list. <BR><BR>I'm throwing myself at your mercy. Any recommendations for Venice, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Florence and Siena (San Gimigniano) suggestions would be very helpful. We're planning on going to Cinque Terre before going and settling down in the Tuscany/Umbria region. We'll have a car, so we're pretty flexible on where to stay in Tuscany/Florence and Siena. General suggestions as to how to organize the trip would be welcome too! <BR><BR>It's a lot to ask, but we're all also working long hours to be able to afford extra perks this trip, so it's hard for us to get the info. together ourselves. <BR><BR>Thanks so much!<BR><BR>Martha

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:32 PM
sandi

Martha, you can supplement whatever suggestions you may get here with a search on this forum. Enter the city name plus the word hotel (ie..Rome hotel) and you'll get many results. Also, look at www.venere.com and pick the city, and you'll see hotels of varying costs and locations. You'll need to first decide how much you want to spend for the hotel and realize that Aug is the month that most Italians go on vacation and you may find some shops and restaraunts closed...and it can be quite hot. Good luck, read guide books and have fun!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:20 PM
scott

We stayed at the Villa Steno in Monterroso in the Cinque Terra and we loved it. You can drive there. Gorgeous view and great breakfast.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:36 PM
Anna

I can recommend the Hotel Belletini in Florence, I stayed there in May. The location is good and the staff is friendly. I wouldn't recommend driving in Florence, however. I'd recommend getting Rick Steve's Italy book to help you plan.<BR>http://www.firenze.net/hotelbellettini/

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:49 PM
Kay

Martha,<BR>I can recommend a place we stayed in San Gimignano, reasonable price, very central, run by a very friendly Italian family:<BR>http://www.sangiroom.it/<BR><BR>Also, in Venice we loved Hotel Galleria www.hotelgalleria.it<BR>but it gets heavily booked. Reasonable price (for Venice) and right on the Grand Canal.<BR><BR>In Cinque Terre we stayed at Casa Capellini, basic room with bathroom and fabulous view of Manarola. Bit of a steep walk up the hill but worth it once you get there. Look on<BR>http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/avong/cinque_terre/<BR>There is also a youth hostel in Manarola which looked nice. <BR>Have a great time and get booking, as the best, cheapest places get booked out quickly.<BR>Kay