Reload this Page >

Help! Hotels are getting over booked because of some Fashion Show

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Kim

I need some quick ideas for hotels. Dollar amount would be no more then 350. a night. I have done many searchs, but get the same answer to every call "NO" all filled up!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:30 PM
xxx

....and you are going to....?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Kim

I guess location would help :0) I am going to Paris in July.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:34 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>try using wwww.hotelboulevard.com, <BR>a booking service that also has comments from past hotel guests <BR>On the right bank, you can also try the <BR>Comfort Inn Louvre-Montana at 12 rue St Roch, or the St Romain Hotel across the street at 5-7 rue St Roch. <BR>I haven't stayed at either for several years, but they have outstanding locations and are attractive hotels, at least they were. Djon't worry about the Comfort Inn affiliation--the hotel was there before they joined the chain. They are 3-star hotels, less expensive and probably less-luxurious than you were looking for, but any port in a storm... <BR>Also on the right bank, the Lotti is quite nice as is the Regina.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 12:39 AM
Ann

We have been having trouble with booking via the internet booking services recently - all coming up "full" - for our up-coming holiday. We tried contacting the hotels direct, and found there _are_ rooms available. Worth a try.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Christina

It's just late to be booking the best places for July but at that price I'd think you could find something. Try Hotel Lutetia in the 7th arr (www.lutetia-paris.com), they seem to often have some vacancies and it's a larger hotel; maybe the Hotel Victoria Palace in the 6th, you don't hear about it a lot so maybe it's not as booked up early; I'd go for the Hotel Montalembert (www.montalembert.com) in the 7th also in that budget range. All of those are 4-star hotels. Check out www.webscapades.com, they have a decent selection of 3-4 star hotels, including the Victoria Palace (and maybe Washington Opera is a bet).

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 06:19 PM
JC

Try the Hyatt Regency (Madeleine). In April, I had difficulty booking a hotel in the St. Germaine area, my preferred spot. I easily got a room at the Hyatt. It's a really nice hotel too! May cost a smidgeon more than your budget, but not much.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 06:19 PM
JC

Try the Hyatt Regency (Madeleine). In April, I had difficulty booking a hotel in the St. Germaine area, my preferred spot. I easily got a room at the Hyatt. It's a really nice hotel too! May cost a smidgeon more than your budget, but not much.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 07:54 PM
joyce

Sounds like you know Paris a little. Have you heard of Hotel Louvre Marsollier Opera? We have reservations last of August and would like to know if this is good hotel or at least in good area? Would like area that has small shops and quant cafes nearby and one in walking distance of quant restaurants. Is 2nd arrond. a good place to stay? Where would you suggest? I'm looking in 800-900frf range. Thanks

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Ursula

Joyce: I do not know about that particular hotel. You can check it at: <BR>www.hotelmarsollier.com <BR>It looks ok to me. Apparently, Oscar Wilde used to live in that house. It seems to be in your price range and has A/C which is quite a plus at the time you will be there. <BR>You can walk to a lot of places from there. The area is lively during the day (a lot of cafés, shops), a bit more quiet at night. As you see from the above posts, it is difficult to get rooms at that time, so I would keep it. Paris is not that huge and a great walking city. In the 2nd arr. you are really in the middle of the town. <BR>Enjoy!