Help again!

Jun 13th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Help again!

I previously posted about my trip with the thought that I would be flying into Copenhagen and then able to fly out of another airport in Europe..well, things have changed! My husbands work is requiring him to travel in and out of Copenhagen so....I would like to visit another country (at least one) while there. We have 7 days on the ground. Any suggestions or preferences??? I am debating between taking the train to Stockholm or to Hamburg or maybe flying to Oslo and doing the NIN and then coming back to Copenhagen. Thanks in advance!
Jun 13th, 2019, 07:28 AM

Combine CPH with Stockholm, take a trip around the archipelago.
Or go to Oslo and do NIN as you suggested. You can take a ferry from CPH to Oslo.
Or you can rent a car from CPH and drive around Denmark, go on the ferry to Sweden then you can do your own thing in southern Sweden. Stockholm would be a bit far to drive though. Or you could tour Denmark, go to Jutland and some Danish islands.
Jun 13th, 2019, 07:29 AM

For reference - here are the OP's other threads:

Copenhagen and beyond
Copenhagen, Berlin, Prague Itinerary 10-12 days
Norway Fjords
Jun 13th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, my husbands work has not made this easy to plan and my lack of expertise doesn't help either!
I am torn between Stockholm and NIN..both look so beautiful and originally I thought we would get to do both.
Jun 13th, 2019, 07:56 AM

You can take a nice cruise overnight between Copehagen and Oslo.
Jun 13th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Oh i didn't know that, would it be accessible to take the NIN from there?
Jun 13th, 2019, 10:36 AM

Yes take train from Oslo to Myrdhal - mountain train down to Flam for boats to Gudvagen and bus to Voss and train to Bergen - nice old Hanseatic Port and fly back to Copenhagen from there. Suggest you take the really scenic train Oslo-Bergen and do NIN the whole next day sans luggage and more relaxed. For lots on trains check www.seat61.com; BETS-European Rail Experts and www.ricksteves.com. Alternatively fly to Bergen and end up in Oslo and overnight boat back to Copenhagen - Oslo is worth a few days.