Reload this Page >

Help! accommodations dilemma-Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 10:54 AM
Brynny

I'm traveling to Rome in September and made reservations at the Hotel Colosseum. I picked it from a Frommer's guide book but was a little nervous when I later saw the web page pictures. I went ahead and booked anyway, trusting Frommers, but I just did a search on this page and read some positively scalding reviews. I think I would feel better if I made reservations at a new hotel but am starting from scratch. I could use help finding a room for about $150 a night as centrally located as possible in ancient Rome as far north as the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. I don't care about a giant room or a bathtub but must have a private shower and WC. Any suggestions (with fax number if possible) would be appreciated.

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 12:14 PM
clay

<BR>Brynny: <BR> <BR>Try La Residence in the north part of town near the park. They're great people and the accomadations are nice.

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 06:35 AM
Monica

I enjoyed Hotel Smeraldo near the Campo dei Fiori. See my notes on my travel page at http://sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/homepage <BR> <BR>It's in an excellent location and we paid about $85 per night with private bathroom. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 08:07 PM
Denise

Also reserved the Hotel Smeraldo in Rome based on recommendations from this site and others. The price was within my budget and they seemed very accomodating on the phone. <BR> <BR>Denise

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Carol

Try the Forum Hotel, it overlooks its namesake and is a four-star hotel overlooking the Forum and the Colosseum. It's address is Via Tor de Conti, 25. Sorry I don't have the fax number, but try www.venere.it for a description.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 08:26 AM
Ruth

Try the Santa Chiara--not sure if it will come in under $150 or not. It's a lovely small hotel in a great location near the Pantheon--we walked everywhere.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 09:17 AM
susan

i second the vote on la residenza-- great hotel with large rooms, BIG buffet breakfasts, and right by the park-- close to the newly renovated villa borghese (with all the sculpture-- a must.) forgive for all the mispellings- but it's been over a year since my trip. around your price range too. they even had a little bit of parking.

Old Feb 13th, 2000, 07:46 PM
Catherine

I am going in March and I booked into <BR>the hotel gambrinus. There email is <BR>[email protected]. I found all <BR>my hotels either at www.venere.it/ or <BR>travelscape.com.Hope this helps