Help! 5 Nights Tuscany & Florence What's Central

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my previous post, my husband has decided one hotel in "Tuscany". I want 2/3 nights in Tuscany and 2 nights in Florence. My husband, son (11) and I will be traveling to Tuscany from Rome to Milan. We need help with a compromise! We need help in finding a central location to visit ( 5 nights )Tuscany and Florence without a long drive to either. Please help. I have over-researched and am confused! My husband (the business traveller) wants less hotels and I want a trip of a lifetime.
(We will have a car leaving Rome.)
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 08:35 PM

This will make you happy! Florence is a city within a region called Tuscany. You will love the city as well as the entire region. Have a wonderful time!
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 03:19 AM
ira

Hi Elos,

Since you will have a car, you might wish to stay in Siena from which you could visit Florence by bus and drive through the various hill towns.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 04:49 AM

Elos, Look at these 2 places both near Colle as ideal compromise locations:
Hotel Villa Belvedere
Castel Biggozi

You can find both at tuscany.net
I agree with hubby--one location.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:47 AM

We did three nights in Florence and 3 nights in Siena. We found that Florence is a good place to settle in and see all that Florence has to offer. We pretty much parked the car and left it there while in Florence. Getting in and out of Florence by car takes some time. With one exception, we left our travelling around other parts of Tuscany to the time when we were staying in Siena. In Siena we stayed at Palazzo Ravizza which is inside the wall, but has its own parking lot (included in the price). From Palazzo Ravizza it is about 5 minutes down the hill and you are on the super strada to Florence or any other road into the countryside. Incidentally in Florence we stayed at the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci and were very happy with that choice.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:51 AM
flo

Hi!
If u are looking for an accomodation in Florence, I was for three nights in a cute, cheap house very close to the city center. U can get information mailing at [email protected]

bye and good luck!!
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 07:03 AM

YOu don't need a car in Florence. I'd prefer staying in the smaller towns. Find a Place near Siena and explore from there. We did 2 nights in Florence, one day I think is enough, and 4 nights near Montalcino and 1 night in San Gimignano. YOu have a car so travelling isn't a big deal. If you have to drive up to Milan I'd do 4 nights near Montalcino and 1 night in Florence on your way N so you dont' have to back track. (or your orig. 3/2).
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:13 PM

I might suggest a drive from Rome stopping in Sienna and maybe one of the smaller hill towns but proceed to Florence for as many of the nights you can. One reply said they thought 1 night would be enough and I think a week is really pushing it. If after a couple of nights you and your family don't agree it is easy to see more of Chianti or other Tuscan regions. But I think if you looking for that trip of a lifetime, Florence is the beginning of culture as we know it today and will Wow You over and over again.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM

We stayed in Castel Bigozzi a couple years ago...it is perfectly located to visit Florence, Siena, and multitudinous (is that a word?) hilltowns. You might want to get a small apartment there instead of hotel "rooms" as then you can fix a meal (like breakfast.or maybe even dinner one night) occasionally. You are going to have a fabulous time.