Heidelberg Hotel

Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Heidelberg Hotel

We just returned from 10 days in Heidelberg, using it as our base. If anyone is looking for a hotel suggestion----stay at the Hip Hotel in Heidelberg!
www.hip-hotel.de It is a mid priced gem, located in the historic district, on the main pedestrain walk way. There are 15 rooms, each is decorated to depict various cities in the world. The Hip Hotel is run by the owners, Claudia and Karim, who cannot do enough to assure a memorable stay. It opened in the Spring of "05 and absolutely is delightful. We will definitely return! Phone #0 62 21-20879 Email: [email protected]
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Hi danen5,
I will be visiting Mainz, Mannheim and Heidelberg for work, and then my girlfriend will be joining me for another week of vacation and we are unsure what/where to visit.

We will be flying out of Frankfurt, but are interested in experiencing Heidelberg together and other cities close by...emphasis is on low-cost, scenic towns, and absorbing the culture - pubs...not museums
Nov 11th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi Rallen---Sorry that it has taken so long to reply - hope you have not left yet. There are some wonderful, small, and very charming towns in the Heidelberg area. Rothenberg is about 1 1/2 hours away, but one of my favorites. Within 30 minutes are Weinheim, Deidesheim (fabulous old city in the wine country), and Speyer, just to name a few. ENJOY.
Nov 12th, 2005, 08:17 AM

Thanks Danen, leaving in 2 weeks (!) still no plans yet so your recommendations help. if you had 6 days how would you spend it? Which cities would you overnight in, or just visit for a day...? thx if you can help!
Dec 12th, 2005, 05:16 AM

I'm rallen's gf - and we just came back from a week at.. you guessed it - the Hip hotel - and we quite agree that it's the most amazing hotel. And that Claudia and Karim could not have been more helpful. We even want to send them a present from Canada because they helped us out so much. I think everyone should take a trip to Heidelberg just to stay at the Hip hotel.