Heathrow to waterloo

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:55 AM
pat

Heathrow to waterloo

Would like to know the approx. time to get
from Heathrow airport to Waterloo station.
via the tube. Will be travelling in mid-August and would like to book the eurostar
to Paris. Any information would be much
appreciated. ty

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:52 AM
monica

Probably best to take the Heathrow express and then the tube from Paddington. You should allow about 1 hour.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 09:31 AM
ron

The way I would do it would be the rail-air bus to Feltham station and train from there direct to Waterloo station. I have done it in 45 minutes (in the other direction), but that was with very good connexions, so allow an hour. The main advantages are 1), not having the 15 minute walk from terminal 3 to either the Heathrow tube station or Heathrow Exprss station and 2), the bus to train transfer at Feltham is much easier than the train to tube transfer at Paddington or the tube to tube transfer at Green Park or Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:18 AM
janis

I totally agree w/ ron. The tube or Paddington express/tube options involve a LOT of walking with your luggage. But taking the train directly to Waterloo is easy. At Waterloo, the station where you arrive is not far from the entrance to the International (Eurostar) station.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Andre

Why not fly onwards from Heathrow to Paris?

Probably no more expensive than the Eurostar. Air France, British Airways and BMI all fly this route, so heavy competition.

Andre