Reload this Page >

Heathrow to Luton

Search

Heathrow to Luton

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Angela Bailey

Heathrow to Luton

Help. Thought we were saving money by flying Easyjet out of Luton, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get from Heathrow to Luton. Any suggestions of the best (ie.cheapest) way to go??<BR><BR>thanks,<BR>A

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:11 AM
Nigel Doran

It's quite a long way. I would forget about public transport (unless you are travelling in a couple with little luggage and don't mind stairs/escalators/running for connections). Check this site for companies like Swiss Cottage Cars which will do the journey for a flat fare. I can't see it costing less than &pound;50 really, though. It could also take 2 hours or so. Can't you cancel easyJet and get British Airways, British Midland or other?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:19 AM
Amy

Angela:<BR>I just did this journey in July with a friend. We each paid I think 13GBP and were quite pleased. I can't remember exactly the name of the coach but I think if you check www.gobycoach.com you should get an idea of schedules. We were each travelling with 1 large bag and 1 carry-on. We saved a lot of $$$ travelling Easy Jet from Luton and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We were not pressed for time so I don't remember how long it took - I may have fallen asleep! Enjoy your trip!

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:45 PM
janis

There is a direct coach from LHR to Luton that is the best connection (unless there are 4 or more traveling together). According to Amy it is now &pound;13 (used to be &pound;11.50)

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:48 PM
easytraveller

We needed to drop off some luggage in London before getting our Easyjet flight so here's what we did.<BR><BR>Got tube into central London and dropped off excess luggage. Caught greenline bus from Victoria to Luton airport for $7.00 <BR><BR>Have a good trip.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Angela

I would like to leave some luggage in London and think I'll have enough time.<BR>I get into Heathrow and 7:30 and depart from Luton at 1:20. It seems like lots of time but would appreciate comments from those with experience of London commutes.<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR>A

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 10:16 PM
janis

You don't say where in London you are dropping your luggage. But you may be cutting it close. Say you get through immigration and get your bags in 45 minutes, then have to make your way to where ever you are dropping your luggage - add another hour. Then you need to get to either Kings Cross or London City to catch a train to Luton. Then after you get to Luton train station you have to catch a shuttle bus to the airport. Then there is the 90 minute minimum check in time. <BR><BR>You will basically be on the run from the time you step off the plane at LHR til check-in at Luton. And this is I assume after an ovenight flight. You will be exhausted.<BR><BR>You will probably be better off taking the coach directly from LHR to Luton

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 10:39 PM
London Commuter

You will have plenty of time but only if everything goes OK (plane takes off on time, plane doesn't spend half an hour circling round heathrow waiting to land, luggage is first off the belt, there isnt a big queue for tickets for the tube, the tube is working OK, you don't get lost at the intersection at Kings Cross....etc.etc)<BR><BR>But I think you would be better off taking the coach. There is less to go wrong, its a door to door journey.<BR><BR>BTW EasyJet don't close the gate until 30 (not 90) mins before take-off. But once the gate is closed, it stays closed.<BR><BR>