Heathrow to Euston?

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Bill

Heathrow to Euston?

Any suggestions on best way to get from Heathrow airport to the Euston (London) train station? Underground, cab or bus? Thanks!!!!!

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Jody

I'd take the heathrow Express to Paddington then a cab to Euston

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Tony

So would I.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Bill

Thank you Jody & Tony. We'll follow your advice.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 10:52 PM
Nigel Doran

I, on the other hand, would take the Tube from Heathrow. It would only cost you £3.60 and would take about 1 hour and 10 minutes. A trip on the Express plus a cab would take about 45 minutes and cost £16-18 each.
If you don't have a lot of luggage and/or are not travelling at peak hours, stick with public transport, the rail-based version at least.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:43 AM
David White

Bill,

I'd also opt for the Heathrow Express to Paddington station and a taxi to Euston. This is more expensive than the Tube, but traveling by Tube is fine only if:

-- you have very little luggage
-- you're traveling in off-peak hours, and
-- you don't mind a long underground ride

By the way, on your return, if you are traveling the reverse route, keep in mind that you can check-in for many Heathrow flights at Paddington Rail Station. Many airlines have desks there where you can check-in, drop your bags, and get a boarding pass. Great way to miss the airport check-in chaos.

Regards,

David White
http://www.KidsToLondon.com
[email protected]