Search

Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heathrow

My wife and I will be using our return half of our Heathrow Express ticket to return to the airport the day before our flight home - we have reservations at a local hotel for the night. When we get off the train, I assume that we will be in the 'Check in ' part of the airport, not the baggage/exit/ taxi part. Will we have access to cabs? We are to old to find and fight the buses with luggage. Thanks.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 07:50 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You will still be landside/outside security. From the train just follow the signs for Ground Transport / taxis.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 08:05 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you staying at one of the hotels connected to a terminal? We find that is much easier for us. We transit through LHR on every trip to Europe, usually spend a night there both directions. We have stayed at Hilton, Terminal 4 and Sofitel, Terminal 5 several rimes each.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

We will be staying at the Renaissance London heathrow, which I understood to be convenient for Terminal 2. I am not familiar with Heathrow, but at Houston, all of the outgoing cabs and shuttles leave from the exit at baggage claim and you cannot get to that point without going thru security etc, just as you would if you were flying out, which we are not. That really is the basis of my question.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 10:27 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
All of the hotels along the Bath road are equally convenient to T-2. a short cab ride or via the Hotel Hoppa bus. However there is a hotel RIGHT AT T-2 so you would not need to leave the airport at all. https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...HEGI7EN8i83600

(LHR is not Houston)
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 10:34 AM

You can just take a taxi; follow the signs in the terminal for the exit and taxis.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your information.