Reload this Page >

Have you used a "rumpbled up" passport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Patti Suttle

My husband's passport went through the wash! <BR>It looks "rumpbled" sort of curled from the outside. BUT, his picture is fine and everything is readable. But, it looks a little worse for wear on first inspection. <BR>Will any customes agents give him a hard time about it? Like I said, it is totally readable-thought I might ask since you all have seen everything! It should be fine but does not hurt to ask. <BR>Thank you for any help. <BR>Patti

Old May 5th, 2001, 09:17 PM
Art

Hi Patti, I have not experianced that problem, but I wouldn't take a chance and try to get it replaced. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:01 PM
Lucy

My passport is rumpled from too many trips tucked into a money belt. Look, I perspire a lot, okay? Anyway... on my latest trip both U.S. and British customs officers commented on its dissheveled state, with the former suggesting I was lucky no one had accused me of forgery yet. He agreed, though, that a forger would have done a better job. Personally, I think it's perfectly normal for a passport several years old to look a little battered. Just the same... your husband might want to consider replacing his passport to avoid potential hassles/weird comments.

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Michelle

Patti: I wouldn't worry too much. My boyfriend and I are both contract workers and travel all the time. My last passport was a sorry mess after a small bottle of wine (fortuntely white), that I'd stashed in my rucksack, broke and soaked everything, including passport - "rumpbled up" would be a good description - not to mention pretty smelly! <BR> <BR>My boyfriend, while working out in the boonies at one location he was sent to, put his passport in a drawer, left it for 2 weeks until he'd finished the job he was doing, went to get his passport and found the cover had been eaten away by a mouse - he's still travelling on that passport. <BR> <BR>In all the travels we did/do using these very shabby and sorry looking passports, no one ever questioned us.

Old May 6th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Art

Lucy, you don't perspire, remember, you glow. <BR>Regards <BR>

Old May 6th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Ann

My grandmother always said "... and ladies feel the heat" - or should that be in another thread!