Reload this Page >

Have you stayed here in Poggibonsi?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:21 AM
mae

Wondering if anyone can tell me about Villa Lecchi located in Poggibonsi. Have a reservation but would like to know your feedback --we'll be there frpm July 6 -9 this year

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Marilyn

I don't know anything about your hotel, but Poggibonsi is a dump. There are so many wonderful places within 10 minutes drive -- Colle di Val d'Elsa comes to mind first -- why stay in Poggi? We stayed in a farmhouse near Monteriggioni and did our grocery shopping, ATM-visiting, etc. in Poggibonsi. But I wouldn't stay there, unless the villa is in the countryside out of the main town. The location in general is excellent for seeing Siena, Chianti country, San Gimignano, Volterra, etc. Florence is an easy day trip as well.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
xxx

Agree with previous poster. Any of the other villages (San G, Siena, Greve, Castellina) would be a great choice to stay.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:22 PM
dario

Villa Lecchi is not in Poggibonsi, it is in the Comune di Poggibonsi close to a village called Staggia Senese.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:12 PM
zz-top

City of Poggibonsi is more modern & less quaint than many of its' neighboring towns. Not a place I'd care to park when there are so many other lovelier spots in Tuscany. But if Dario is correct, then perhaps the Villa wouldn't be too bad.<BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:32 PM
mae

thanks for the info,I'm not going to Poggibonsi!!! Will go elsewhere.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Cristina

Mae,<BR><BR>As Dario wrote, Villa Lecchi is in the Comune di Poggibonsi (county) not the city of Poggibonsi. It is in the countryside. Beautiful area and views.<BR><BR>Here is a map of the comune. You can see where lecchi is compared to the city of Poggibonsi.<BR>http://www.comune.poggibonsi.si.it/citta/giro1/ <BR><BR>You can read about the villa here http://www.tuscany.net/lecchi/pages/profile.htm<BR><BR>or here:<BR>http://www.venere.it/it/toscana/poggibonsi/villalecchi/<BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Lauren

Mae, reconsider, Poggibonsi is a regular city, not very pretty, but centrally located and good shopping the the COOP. Stay nearby of course and do your shopping in Poggi. Look at a map, it is better to be near shopping, do you want to go for miles to pick up food?