Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Have you been to a good hostel in ROME or LONDON?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:08 PM
Alicia

Can anyone recommend a good hostel in London or Rome?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:35 PM
KT

Most people on this board are more likely to know about hotels than hostels. If you don't get any good suggestions here, there are several websites that specialize in hostels and have message boards. For a start, have a look at www.hostels.com or www.eurotrip.com and follow their links.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:45 PM
Leslie

You can also try www.busabout.com -- it has a message board with comments from younger travelers that backpack throughout Europe.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:25 PM
Alicia

Thanks for your suggestions.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:49 PM
CAgal

I think there's a hostel thread on the Rick Steve's Graffiti Wall at www.ricksteves.com.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:07 PM
Alicia

Thanks!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:32 PM
aaron

The Backpackers in Rome was a great hostel. It is right near Termini and the McDonald's. Great place!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:59 PM
chris

I HIGHLY recommend the Hostel des Artistes. I have stayed there on 2 seperate occasions, the rooms are incredible (huge, newly redecorated with sink in room, ask for a room on the same floor as the reception) and are in the same building as the Hotel des Artistes. If you would like other recommendations check out Eurotrip.com/<BR>www.hostelrome.com

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:12 AM
xxx

Gulliverhouse in Rome is located near Termini, on via Palermo, a quiet street close to where via Quattro Fontane and Via Nazionale cross (if I had to choose an area around Termini to stay, that would be it). <BR><BR>It looks like you're searching for a girl's shared room. If you're not travelling solo they also have doubles, triples and quadruples. <BR><BR>http://www.gullivershouse.com/<BR><BR>Email rate inquiries are usually attended in a short time.<BR><BR>[email protected]