Have an Egg-cellant Easter !!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Easter Bunny

Have an Egg-cellant Easter !!

Happy Easter Fordorite Bunnies !!

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 07:26 AM
nancy

thank you! <BR>My husband is away, so the children can eat all the candy we wish Sunday, without his "bah, hum-bug" attitude. <BR>We might even get some SUN up here in VT, hopefully that will melt some of the 2 ft. of snow still over my garden. <BR> <BR>Happy Spring to all.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Judy

Happy Easter and Spring Holidays, to Fodorites that are so inclined! <BR>Nancy: you need to come down to Hotlanta, our dogwoods and azaleas are almost over, and I have my patio tomatoes out over 2 weeks already! I hate to brag, not! Judy

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 04:27 PM
wendy

Does anyone know where this 'egg' tradition came from?

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 08:26 PM
I'm

Did it come from people of other countries who were being "egg"stradited?

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 03:06 AM
nancy

Judy, <BR>Sometimes I wonder why I do live ion a state where winter lasts through april. <BR>Lucky you, tomato talk, ours can't even go out til June! <BR>Interesting question , about the eggs. <BR>Must be something religious?

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 03:15 AM
Ging

It's all to do with lent, the 44 days of fasting prior to Easter. People would eat all their more luxorious foods prior to lent (hence Pancake Tuesday as they'd have to eat all their eggs, get rid of milk etc). At the end of lent was a celebration when they could once more eat all the dairy products they wanted - or something along those lines!