Cilento itinerary

Search

Cilento itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cilento itinerary

We are off to Pisciotta in the Cilento national park next year, we have never been to that part of Italy before and can't wait to explore. After doing lots of reading and research, I have come up with a loose itinerary, based on our interests and vacation habits.

We are going for a week, and have 6.5 days there, excluding travel prep and time. This is what I thought we could do:

- 1.5 days chilling at Hotel Marulivo and exploring Pisciotta/Marina di Pisciotta (although these villages are tiny, we have picked Pisciotta as it sounds enchanting, and we do want to get to know it)

- 1 day at Paestum archaeological site and museum, and then if we have any time afterwards we could pop to the beach at Paestum or maybe Agropoli

- 1 day at Palinuro, at the beach and taking a bot trip and exploring the caves and beaches reachable by boat etc

- 1 day exploring the abandoned hill village of San Severino di Centola and then on to the Oasi Morigerati nature reserve

- 1 day pottering about the coastal towns and villages i.e. Accaroli, San Marco, Punta Licosa

- 1 day exploring the hill villages, like Castellabate and Orria in the north and Sanza and Tortorella in the south

That gives us culture, beaches, coast, inland and chill time.

Are there any other highlights or hidden gems that I may be missing, that people have come across in this area? I'm open to any suggestions!

Many thanks
Jan
Old Oct 4th, 2016, 09:52 AM

Pisciotta is gorgeous and tiny. We stayed at the B&B Locanda del Fiume (??) at the entrance to the town. Make sure to have at least one dinner at Angelina, in the Marina, down the hill from the town.

We stayed a few nights in Castellabate, right on the sea, at Villa Sirio. Lovely small hotel. The hill town of Castellabate was very quiet in late September. Much more to do down by the marina towns.

What time of year is this?

I also liked Maratea, to the south. Worth spending a day or two there as well if it is beach weather.
Old Oct 5th, 2016, 01:58 AM

Don't foget the beach of Marina di Camerota.
All beaches will be crowded in August.
Old Oct 5th, 2016, 02:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks both - it is the first week of September next year.

I've taken note of Marina do Camerota and Maratea, thanks. Also yes had planned a first-and-last evening dinner in Angiolina.

I'm really excited but there are 11 months to go!