Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at these hotels in Italy?

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 11:00 AM
Michelle

Any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance for your input.

1) Hotel Giubileo; Via Carlo Alberto, 13 - 00185 Rome
2) Hotel Montreal; Via Carlo Alberto,4 - 00185 Rome
3) Hotel Fiorita; Via Fiume, 20 - 50123 Florence
4) Locanda Fiorita; Campiello Novo o dei Morti, 3457/A San Marco - 30124 Venice

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 02:26 PM
Karen

We just stayed at Locanda Fiorita in Venice last week. It had a good location and depending on which room, was a pretty good value for the money as we checked out other hotels around the city, most being much more money. Drawbacks: if the weather is bad, breakfast is eaten in the reception area of the lobby but if nice you could bring it outside to the campo. Our room had a bathroom only for us but down the hall. I saw two of the other rooms and they had baths within. Our room overlooked a narrow street so basically no view but that's the extra you pay for elsewhere. If you decide to stay there, email me for directions from the vaporetto. Karen

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 08:59 AM
Michelle

Karen,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Do you know how to get there from Santa Lucia Station? I'll be traveling by train.
Thanks again.

Michelle

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 01:23 PM
Karen

I don't know that train station but if it's near the main one Stazione Ferroviaria take vaporetto 82 to the stop at S.Samuele. It's by the museum. Head straight up Calle delle Carrozze, keep going on S.Samuele and go straight until you have to turn . Turn right into this small open area (Piscina S. Samuele) walk a few steps-you'll be looking at the back of the hotel. There are some steps to your left that bring you into Campiello Nuovo.Take them. Turn around and you're at that hotel entrance which has an awning that says hotel. There is a small sign for Locando Fiorita. You can also get there quickly from The Accademia Bridge stop-Good only if you're traveling light the bridge has lots of steps so a wheeled suitcase will be a liability-right thru S. Stefano, left on the Botteghe to the steps or alternately pass the church take first left past flower stand and you'll be looking at the hotel from the front. S. Angelo also has a stop you can use which is how the hotel directed us but only the no 1 stops there and we had to go all the way down to San Marco and switch. Get a good map and just walk around aimlessly and eat and find yourself in interesting places. Have fun Karen

Old May 4th, 1999, 04:27 PM
Michelle

Anyone else stayed at these hotels?

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 09:32 AM
D&A

So Michelle, did you eventually decide between the Hotel Giubileo or Hotel Montreal in Rome? If you could provide recommendations on either, I would be appreciative It's a little daunting to search for a budget hotel when you hear from all sides that there are no rooms available in 2000 and to avoid the Termini station due to safety concerns. Thanks.