Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Simon in Seville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Monica

I'm interested in finding out if that is a decent hotel. I'll be in Seville in May and wanted a hotel that was under $100 per night. I'm not to picky but would want a clean place with a private bathroom. Thanks

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:25 AM
burtmanb

Hotel Simon is clean but basic. Our room had a private bathroom and adequate everything else. No frills like tv but otherwise decent. The best part about the Simon is its location. 1 block from the cathedral in the center of town. It can't be beat.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:55 AM
monica

Thank you for your response...do you recall how much you paid?

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 02:12 AM
Paige

We stayed there last November and liked it. Our room was exceptionally quiet and comfy enough. I think we paid about $70 per night for a double with bathroom, but I'd have to check to be certain. The location is great and the people working there were friendly. The public spaces are pretty cool with huge paintings and mirrors and a semi-grand staircase. It looks like a mini palace that hasn't quite been maintained. The lobby looks like something out of 'Casablanca.'

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Colleen

We stayed there in October and LOVED it! Big room, big bath, classy old house. I think we paid only about $60 for a double. Breakfast is a little extra, served in the dining room. I'd recommend it.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Monica

Thank you Coleen. I will try to see if they have availability. Is it close to the main parts of town?

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Colleen

The Hotel Simon is about 2 blocks out the door to the left from the Cathedral and many restaurants, and about 3 blocks to the right to the riverfront. Suggestion: Take the double-decker tour bus to get an overview of the city -- you'll find you can walk just about everywhere you want to go. You can catch the bus at a stop on the river, very close to the hotel. And right across the street from the Simon is an OLD bar - mostly locals, not much for tapas, but convenient, and interesting. You'll love Sevilla! <BR>