I've been reading a lot of past threads on where to stay in Paris and it seems like the 5th is a pretty good fit. From what I can gather it's central (which I would assume is good for first-time visitors), has a lot of personality, and is very walkable. I'm still sort of looking in other areas, but the amount of information is a touch overwhelming.
We found a hotel (Hotel La Demeure) that offers a very good rate when booked early, but it strikes me as almost at the edge of the 5th (it's at the Les Gobelins metro stop). I like the location of Hotel Familia (which seems to be highly recommended here) a little better, but when I look at the map, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to be a little further out in order to save a little money. Then again, it's only about 100 USD that we're saving total, which in the grand scheme of things, may not be worth the gamble. I guess I just figured that's even more money we can spend on good food
Anyone stayed at La Demeure and can recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Epson printer 1800~681 7208 Installation Contact Epson Tec*h 24/7
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 4 Packing Champagne
- 5 Paris Apartment
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Which Area in London?
- 9 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 two days in Nice
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 16 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 New fast track
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 24 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 25 Once upon a time in Italy