Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown Delta Business Elite?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:48 AM
Neil

I am using a chunk of my stash of frequent flier miles for Delta Business Elite seats to Munich for a family vacation to Austria and Germany. Would anyone who has recently flown Delta Business Elite to Europe please tell me about your experience--seat comfort, service, food, and anything else that comes to mind.

Old May 31st, 2001, 03:58 PM
Chloe

I flew business elite from NY to Amsterdam. It was great. Seats very spacious, and recline quite far back, though not flat. Personal TVs at seats, radios,attentive service, free cocktails, food as decent as can be on an airline I guess. Definitely worth it for a long trip if you have the miles. Delta's coach is not the best. Enjoy!

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:25 PM
deb

I fly for business and fly primarily first class on domestic routes. I have flown Business Elite on many occasions within the US (luck out and just happen to hit certain flights with Business Elite accomodations heading back to Atlanta, then heading on to Europe or other destinations unkown). <BR> <BR>On those occasions I was totally awestruck (although not like I hear first class to Europe used to be). We are going to Italy this October and opted to go Business Elite and can't wait <BR> <BR>Why Delta doesn't offer Bus. Elite on California ---&gt; east coast or Hawaii --&gt; to east coast, I don't understand. <BR> <BR>You can actually recline almost 180 degrees, therefore assuring sleep (I can't sleep unless almost fully reclined). <BR> <BR>Neil, you have opted for the best. Just enjoy your time in Austria and Germany and think that you have "paid" for the best. <BR> <BR>DFW 5/31/01

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:30 PM
Carolyn

Is Delta's "Business Elite" different the same as "Business Class" ?

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:56 PM
Joan Doyle

Dear Neil: I too had a chunk of FF miles and used them last November-Dec- ember to fly to London. It was great and I will never be comfortable in coach again. Business Elite is as high as you can go on Delta. The trip east was superior to the westbound part--probably because I was setaed next to a young man who was coming down with a vicious virus and who literally SPRAYED me for ten hours. Two days after I got home I came down with it--and it came back and hit me a total of FOUR times. My enthusiasm for transatlantic air travel has simply disappeared. Hope you'll have better luck. Joan

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:24 PM
guy

Living in a Delta hub enables me to fly Delta alot. I have flown Delta Business Elite many times in the last few years and can tell you you will not be dissapointed. I had one trip out of many to Europe that the seat did not function at 100 % but that is the only negative. I am a big fan of Delta and think you will enjoy your experience very much. Also, there are now a few domestic routes that Delta flys that provide for Business Elite seating on the 1st Class upgrades..I always enjoy to see the surprise on peoples faces when they board a domestic flight ...in this case from SLC to JFK...and realize they will sit in the Business Elite seats..I believe this in now common on all JFK-LAX or BOS-LAX flights... I will be surprised if you are dissapointed..

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:48 PM
A.M.

I flew Delta Business Elite to Rome and return from Paris using miles, in April. Thank goodness for FF miles because it was a luxury I could not readily afford. Of course, now I'm addicted. It's wonderful, you'll enjoy every minute. <BR>A.M.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 05:31 PM
deb

Carolyn --- <BR> <BR>In the past few years, Delta combined their First Class & business class for international flights and dubbed it Business Elite. From what I can gather, it is definitely a cross between the 2 but on domestic Business Elite is at least 2 notches above the old business class. <BR> <BR>dfw 6/1/01

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 01:50 AM
Graziella

Hi I have flown several times Delta B Elite and it is the best, business I have ever used. <BR>This is also important: <BR>On last Saturday May 19 th I had a car accident in Italy and flew with my leg in a long cast ( as long as my leg) and I am tall , from Rome to At;anta and Atlanta to Miami. <BR>( I broke the patella on my right knee and was operated in Miami on May \21 st, 2001). this is what I feel is important and I plan to write at length to Delta, the crew in the flight from <BR>Rome to Atlanta were the most kind, helpful, considerate, people I ever found in a plane. It was not easy for me,- it was not easy for them, everything went smoothly and they were great. <BR>However the flight in Delta in First Class from Atlanta to Miami that samae day ,was not that easy, the space between seats was slighty shorter but that was not the problem for me: ,,,,,,, the First cabin crew was so little caring, so insensible, ....that to this day I cannot get it over. I was not expecting the same kind of attention that I got in the Rome- Atlanta flight but this young girls and a man, could have offered once, just once a nice smile and a How are you, is there anything we can do for you?- <BR>I plan to write a full report on this, I am an experienced traveler and I hope something good will come out of this for any other person involved in a similar situation. In the mean time Neil I agree with former replies, GOOD Choice , Delta, and I also found out that flying American companies gives a lot more of understanding for changing dates or departure cities or refunds....we are much more flexi ble. B on voyage.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Gerry

Topping for Anna. <BR> <BR>See how easy it is to get answers if you search for them?