Search

Hamman in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 1999, 09:09 AM
catherine

Hamman in Paris

Has anyone been to the hamman at the Paris mosque?I read an item about it and it sounded great.I thought it might be good for a great massage,but I don't want any funny buisness!

Old Feb 8th, 1999, 03:34 PM
tina

I am planning to visit when I am in Paris in March. I am assuming with the stringent attitudes of the Muslims re: gender and sex and cleanliness that it will be a very safe and soulful experience. Has anyone experienced this firsthand?

Old Feb 9th, 1999, 12:30 AM
Vincent

You have to check, since there are days especially for women. If you are talking about "funny business", it shows that you have never been near a mosque, since those places are not particularly keen on "funny business". However, no worry, it is a very religious place, everything is utterly correct. Moreover, the mosque itself is very pleasant, with a charming café (outside the hammam) where you can drink mint tea in a relaxing atmosphere.

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 01:46 PM
Joan

I,ve been to the Mosque and it's wonderful!! You have to go on a day when it's just for women. In the main room are lots of cots with shelves above all centered around a big fountain where the women cool their oranges to nibble on. The atmosphere is out of old Turkey and the steam rooms are white marble. They get hotter as you progress. You can hang out wherever you like. Some Moslem women cover their bodies with henna mud!! It's very clean, full of charm and fun. The cafe is great after your visit.

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 02:32 PM
catherine

<BR>Vincent, you are right. I have never been near a mosque, but I bet the moslems like a bit of funny business like anyone else! Joan did you wear a bathing suit or are people naked? Did you have a massage? Do you take your own oranges? Sorry for all the questions. <BR>