half day tour guid

Nov 26th, 2001, 04:39 AM
carolin vanpelt

half day tour guid

I am planning a quick trip for first of Dec. There are several in our group. This is a business/pleasure trip. I noted something about a US citizen living in Paris who does half day tours guide for about $60, there had also been mentioned someone that wanted $300. We are obviously on a short time frame. Just need some help. C

Nov 26th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Jen

Try Paris Walking Tours - they are not private tours, but you can ask them to arrange a private one if you want.

Anyway - they have different tours everyday, and their tours by those days are listed on their web site - www.pariswalkingtours.com. They are usually 60FF ($10) per person and last about 2 hours. You just meet at the Metro stop listed for the tour you want, pay the tour guide (who will be wearing a button), and off you go.

We explored the Marias section of Paris this way last time we were there. We will be there in December as well, and are looking forward to their tours again.

Have fun!

Nov 27th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Agnes

Hello from Paris!

We are specialized into private tours of Paris.
Please contact us for details
http://www.frenchadventures.com/
All our tours are customized to your request. Private licensed guide only or/and transport.

Nov 27th, 2001, 12:24 PM
xxx

Carolin: please ignore Agnes, who continues to abuse this board by advertising shamelessly, knowing it's prohibited. the editors cannot delete these fast enough. would you buy a used tour (or anything else) from this women who knowingly, flagrantly and repeatedly disregards the rules of this forum?

Dec 13th, 2001, 04:25 AM
Emma

Yes, I agree. I've seen her pop up here and there. Delete these people immediately.

Dec 13th, 2001, 04:39 AM
Angie

They are only trying to run a business -you don't make money sitting doing nothing.

Dec 13th, 2001, 05:15 AM
Patrick

I have been running my own business for many years, but I don't do it by breaking laws or rules. If my town has rules against putting up huge signs or banners then I don't do it. If this site has rules against advertising then Agnes shouldn't do it. What's more she has been told that over and over again, yet continues to abuse this board. There are lots of ways to advertise travel related businesses, but thankfully this is not one of them. Agnes refuses to follow the rules, and people should not trust a continued rule breaker to be honest in any of their business dealings.

Dec 13th, 2001, 05:19 AM
Patrick

I just thought of something else. On quite a number of posts Agnes has been reprimanded for advertising and on many of them she has posted back that she was sorry, she didn't realize that you couldn't advertise. Yet she seems to forget this the next day or week and does it all over again. If you booked a tour with her, she would probably forget all about it the next day. Obviously in addition to a lack of business principles, she apparently has no memory either.

Dec 13th, 2001, 06:30 PM
topper

Topping for more suggestions.